Menu Plan Monday

I have not had the opportunity to post a menu for a little while. We were out of town last week. Saturday I was able to go shopping and so I think I'm set for meals for the week.

This last week while shopping I bought some wheat berries. The girls and I are going to try our hand at grinding them and making some homemade rolls...using our Vita mix...I'll post pictures when we do. So far, smoothies and ice cream have been the main staple of the Vita mix.

Our list of meals for the week will include:

KATS Chicken with roasted veggies

Salmon with veggies and rice (we will have samon twice..once with rice and once with potatoes)

Chicken Soup with home made rolls

Chicken Chimichangas: This is a no fry version.

Chicken Paprikash

One veggie only meal..whether a stirfry or just salad

For my chicken chimichangas this is what I do: Cook several chicken breasts and shred. Add some thick and chunky salsa and cumin. Stir to combine. Place on large burrito size tortillas. Top with shredded cheese and fold and roll. Spray a baking sheet and spray the chimichangas. Place in an oven that is set to 450 degrees. Cook until chimichangas are browned and crisp. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, sour cream, guacamole and whatever else your heart desires. This makes such yummy, crispy chimi's. If we have leftovers and they get soft, I just re-crisp them in the oven or on top of the stove.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I love bread made with fresh ground wheat. It tastes totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the chicken paprikash sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu sounds great Kirsten....I'm definitely going to try your Garden Spaghetti. I enjoy your posts. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts