Menu Plan Monday

For quite awhile I have gotten out of the habit of creating weekly menus (or in my case 2 weeks of menus, since I do my main shopping every two weeks). Recently I decided I needed to get back in this habit. The nice thing about a menu is that it can be tweaked and moved around or "deleted", but you still have all the ingredients. Our lives are busy and this helps me to stay on top of meals for the "fam". Some days I know I'm better off doing something in the crockpot (especially during soccer season), other days I can put more time into it. We are always trying to eat healthier and cut down on the processed foods or foods that contain a lot of "junk". THIS WEEK ON THE TABLE: (recipes included for items with blue lettering) MONDAY: BBQ ribs, potatoes, salad, rolls (my daughters 12th birthday and her requested meal) TUESDAY: Salmon, roasted potatoes, veggie (probably zucchini) WEDNESDAY: Meat loaf, potatoes, salad THURSDAY: Creamy Garden Spaghetti FRIDAY: Chili and baked potatoes Lemon Grilled Salmon: (I can't find my recipe so I'm winging it) 1 large salmon fillet or you can cut these into individual servings lemon pepper seasoning garlic powder dill weed Sprinkle seasonings onto fillet and rub in. place fillets in ziploc bag or other container. Mix: 3 tbs. olive oil 3 tbs. chicken broth 3 tbs. brown sugar 3 tbs. soy sauce Pour over fillet and marinate 30 minutes or longer. (You can adjust this mixture if you want) Remove salmon from marinade. Place slices of onion and lemon on top of salmon and place on hot grill or under broiler (open the windows if you do this). Cook till salmon is done to your liking. Creamy Garden Spaghetti 1/2 lb. fresh broccoli, broken into florets 1 1/2 c. sliced zucchini 1 1/2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms 1 lg. carrot 1 Tbs. olive oil 8 oz. uncooked spaghetti 1/4 c. chopped onion 3 garlic cloves, minced 2 tbs. butter or margarine 2 tbs. flour 2 tsp. chicken bouillon 1 tsp. dried thyme 2 c. milk 1/2 c. shredded Swiss cheese 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese In large skillet, saute the broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and carrot in oil till crisp-tender. Remove from the heat and set aside. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. In another saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour, bouillon and thyme until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheeses until melted. Add the vegetables; heat through. Drain spaghetti and toss with vegetable mixture

Comments

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts