Menu Plan Monday

This weeks menu plan will be really easy. Our church is doing a fast from Tuesday through Thursday, so I will probably just let the girls do whatever they feel like for dinners. Last week KAT made us dinner. She made a really simple chicken with veggies, but it was so good. I'll write the recipe out later in this post. Like I've shared in one of the Kitchen Tip Tuesdays, I believe it is so important to start early giving our kids skills in the kitchen and in the home. I know way too many young adult girls who seriously wouldn't know how to boil water. Monday: Sticky Chicken with veggies, homemade rolls. though I just read that it is supposed to sit overnight, so this will probably happen another day...we'll see. I decided to go ahead and make this without letting it sit overnight. I'll make it another time and try it the way the recipe says. Tuesday-Thursday: church fast, so meals will only be for the girls and probably whatever they want Friday: NAN's birthday and birthday party. She wants homemade pizzas, cake and ice cream. It's a sleepover so I'm sure we'll have some other goodies as well and she wants homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Saturday morning. Saturday: Elk Stroganoff...yes, we still have not had this...I want to be able to cook the elk in the crockpot for a very long time and I haven't done it yet. Sunday: going to our Pastors house for lunch
KATS Chicken with roasted Veggies
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
olive oil
red wine or balsamic vinegar
honey
pepper
garlic powder
Italian seasonings
Assorted veggies: We used..carrots, celery, broccoli, asparagus, spinach
Line a large baking pan with foil. Pour in the olive oil, vinegar and honey (this is all just eyeballing quantities...sorry that's how the recipe was given to us). Place chicken breasts in pan and season with whatever seasonings you desire. The above ones were just what we used. You could use rosemary or thyme. Top with veggies. Cover with foil and bake in a 400 degree oven till chicken is done and veggies are crisp tender. We actually waited about 20 minutes before adding veggies because our chicken breasts were pretty thick.
This was so good and tender....and healthy.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts