#WQW......Writers Quote Wednesdays.....Theme: Romance and Love

It's another week of  Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQWWC here.

This weeks theme is highlighting romance and love. I will admit I'm not an overly romantic person, or maybe I'm a romantic realist...lol. I don't need to have red roses or go to a fancy dinner. I'm content making a special meal at home, something we don't normally have, and I prefer a mixed bouquet of flowers over roses, and my favorite candy or dessert over something too fancy. We'd both prefer to go out to eat and celebrate on another, less crowded day. 

This year since we both work on Valentines Day, we probably will just eat at home. And actually our youngest daughter who is single and lives at home, is having about 6 other single girls up for dinner, so I'll probably help with that and we'll eat what they're eating, which will be fettucini alfredo. 

Having a true love for ourselves and for others is so powerful. Sometimes people are hard to love, even we are hard to love at times, but to me, the value we place on others often allows us to push through those times when it's hard and remember why we love them in the first place. 

Enjoy some quotes I found on love.  








On our Wednesday Hodgepodge, we were asked to finish the poem;

Roses are red; 
Violets are blue;   (I finished with)
You do the dishes
and I'll cook for you! 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I love the Coretta Scott King quote. I think you are very romantic, you have different flavors of romance that you enjoy! Your poem is adorable. I read it to Vince and he thought it was cute, too. :) How's your house doing? Thanks for joining in for a romantic week with WQW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marsha. The house is going too and we're so close to being into that part. I cannot wait.

      Delete
  2. Love these. I especially like your roses are red poem though, made me chuckle. KL <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts