Weekend Coffee Share.....Come Sit with Me!
It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone?
If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about:
The Weather: We've had another warm spell, where even at night it doesn't really cool down. Temps have been in the upper 70's to mid 80's. Yesterday I walked out of the house, looked at the cars and thought "what in the world? They did NOT look like this yesterday". It literally looked like someone had come and dusted them with dirt, then sprayed water on it. I posted something about it and learned later that many others had the same thing. It was ash from the fires, and we got just a spattering of rain that pushed the ash down with it. Crazy. I sprayed them off quickly and went on my way. Apparently car washes were busy yesterday. I had no clue because I haven't really watched the news in the last almost 2 years....
What we're thinking about: Tomorrow marks 20 years since 9/11. My girls were 6 and 2. I'm sharing 10 on the 10th with Leslie from Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After . We're sharing our thoughts from that day. I'll be sharing a little from when we visited the Memorial in 2017.
What we're thankful for: Cooler weather. I'm excited for the leaves to start changing. While I love summer in all it's glory, I also love anticipating fall. I love working at the Pumpkin Patch come October. I'm thankful for the changing landscape that signals a new season. I'm thankful that I live in an area that experiences 4 seasons...ask that again when the rains start up..lol. I think my answer will be the same, we'll see.
What we're reading: I got both the books I ordered recently. My September Book Box from Shelfrighteous books. Then my book for my in person book club came as well.
The Wife Between Us...Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen (Book box)
Malibu Rising...Taylor Jenkins Reid (Book club)
I've started both and I think they'll be good. I love that in the book box, there's a reading schedule...that helps me. So much, that for my book club books, I've started calculating about how many pages I need to read a week. It helps keep me on track.
Around the house: It's a bit slow going because, well, the things we're doing right now take more time. BUT, bathroom floor is now being tiled, we go on Monday to see our granite slabs. Drywall guy is coming to repair drywall that had to be ripped out in the current part of the house which then we can paint walls, after which I can get all the kitchen stuff out of my living room. Yes! We also had our neighbor come by and do some scraping of the ground around the house to prep for gravel and concrete for porch.
Getting ready for gravel and then concrete in October.
Bathroom floor is looking good, and tiling getting started on tub face.
Our granite slab (well one of three) making it's way to the place that will cut it.
I've been brainstorming how I'll want to organize my new cupboards. There are a lot of them.
I bought some mums from Costco last weekend. Such a great deal. I try to buy ones that haven't fully opened so I have more time to enjoy them. I'll share photos once they've opened more.
I bought some mums from Costco last weekend. Such a great deal. I try to buy ones that haven't fully opened so I have more time to enjoy them. I'll share photos once they've opened more.
What we're learning, understanding or realizing:
From our kitchens; The Tomato tortellini soup I made this week was a hit. So good and so easy. You can easily change up the recipe as well. Tomorrow I'm making this Turkey Pesto Stuffed Wheat Braid. Maybe I'll have time to update photos, but possibly not since it's a work day. It's been quite a few years since I've made it but it's been sounding good.
Favorite Quote of the week:
For my Writer's Quote Wednesday post, I chose the topic of "ordinary". Loved these two quotes. I shared a few more on this post.
What we've listened to: Some new songs on Spotify. I love using the Shazam App when I hear a song on the radio or on a movie. I did listen to a few podcasts earlier in the week.
Photo of the week:
Monday we went to our oldest daughter's house and went to the dirt track to watch my grandson ride is little electric Stacyc bike. He's three and just loves this thing. He pretends he's Justin Barcia, a professional Motocross racer. So funny. I brought my camera and had so much fun taking pictures of him. I LOVE taking action photos. Here's a few I took.
Randomness:On Tuesday I could feel my lower back tightening up at work, and knew it was on the verge of going out. I was careful the rest of the day, but couldn't lay in bed comfortably that night and decided to go downstairs and try sleeping on the recliner. No fun, and only got 4 hours of sleep. Wednesday I was babysitting my grand kiddos and just prayed my back would hold up til I could get to the chiropractor afterwards. Thankfully it did. I love my chiropractor. I got a good adjustment but it normally takes a good day or more to completely feel back to normal. Thankfully I was able to sleep in bed and felt mostly better today but still had to be careful at work. My job entails lifting packages, bending down, etc. so I had to really watch it. My co-worker got a work out though...lol. I have always had back and neck issues as far as them "going out" on me or "tweaking" as I like to refer to it, but the occasions have lessened since I started going to a chiropractor more consistently quite a few years ago. I'd go more often if it wasn't so expensive. It's now Friday and while still feeling better, it's not 100%. It's so frustrating. My hubby was gone for the last 4 days and there were things I would've loved to have gotten done while he was gone but my back wasn't having any of it.
Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare
Kirstin











Nice to see things coming along with the renovation - that was a seriously big slab of granite! Your grandson in all his BMX gear is so cute - and very talented to be riding so well at his age (and his little sister is just gorgeous!) Hope your back continues to improve. x
ReplyDeleteThank you Leanne. We had to order 3 slabs! One of them will almost all be used for our island. They will be installed this weekend. Aahhhhh. So excited. Indy loves to ride. I'm sure he's going to give me a lot more gray hair, but also lots of joy. Yes, Pepper is a pretty girl. Love them so much.
DeleteHi Kirstin, I too have had a bad back problem for a few years. For me, it got so bad that I had the x-rays and MRI done to see what was going on and I needed surgery. No chiropractic would help. But as bad as it was until the surgery, it was miraculous as soon as I woke up being wheeled to my room for recovery. I could tell that my surgeon had completely fix my back and I've been pain free ever since.
ReplyDeleteI hope some form of similar help finds you and soon.
I'm so sorry Gary. Back problems are no fun. Ugghh. I'm so glad your back is better. Mine is almost better.
DeleteI hope your back continues to improve. Your grandchildren are adorable. Great action shots of your grandson. He rides so well at such a young age. Nice progress on the house project. Thank you for linking up with #weekendcoffeeshare.
ReplyDeleteThank you Natalie. He does such a good job. LOVES it and always talks about a couple MX racers that his dad likes. My son in law loves to ride.
DeleteThe renovations look like they're going to be beautiful when they're done.
ReplyDeleteThank you Janet. I can't wait for it too be done.
DeleteWe've already noticed quite a few of the leaves on our trees changing colors up here and it is much cooler at night already. That book box looks like so much fun; do you get to pick your books?
ReplyDeleteI was noticing the changes too. You don't pick the books, but you are allowed to pause a box if the next one isn't one you want. They give you a week to look before they commit you to it.
Delete