#WQWWC.....September 8th Theme.....Writer's Choice....Ordinary

It's another week of  Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQWWC here

This week I realized that we could either use the prompt Marsha gave us or go with our own. I decided to go with my own this time. 

Ordinary.........By definition it means: with no special or distinctive features; normal, what is commonplace or standard. Neither good, nor bad. Routine, usual.

Extraordinary = very unusual or remarkable.Going beyond what is usual, regular or customary. Exceptional in character, etc; noteworthy.

We tend to look down on "ordinary". See it as "less than", but the reality is, that, our days are filled with many ordinary moments, sometimes the entire day is ho-hum, and if they aren't ordinary, they're not necessarily extraordinary. They may be heartbreaking, or irritating. We don't often see "ordinary" on Instagram. We are bombarded with photos and videos that have us suffering from FOMO (fear of missing out), envy, comparison, because we think the ordinary parts of our life aren't worth celebrating or showing. I want to start thinking of ordinary in a different light. I want to shift my perspective. I want to embrace what these quotes are trying to have seep into our hearts and our minds. What about you?




"Do not ask your children to strive for extraordinary lives.....help them instead to find the wonder and the marvel of an ordinary life...show them the joy of tasting tomatoes, apples and pears....and make the ordinary come alive for them. The extraordinary will take care of itself." 
William Martin




"Joy comes to us in the ordinary moments. 
We risk missing out on joy when we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary". 




"Often in life those seemingly ordinary moments hold the most extraordinary meaning" 
Ken Poirot

Ahhhhh, yes to all this! I'm keeping it short and sweet this week. I only got a few hours sleep last night because I tweaked my back, so I'm way too tired to elaborate and my back is achy so it's distracting...I think I just need to go to sleep. Ha! 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Kirstin, I love your thoughts on ordinary. I don't know that I chase extraordinary, but I constantly want to be relieved of ordinary - escape the house I love, to find a new path rather than to let the old one become ordinary. You have reminded me to look for treasures in the ordinary. Thank you so much. I'm so sorry about you back. Have you tried Emu rub? It doesn't smell. Tiger Bomb smells like camphor, but for my sore chest, it is just the thing. Anything with Peppermint eases pain, so try that as well. The other things the doctor prescribed - a prescription muscle relaxant called Methocarbemol and an over the counter liquid called Varelian. I hope you feel better fast. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have tried emu rub in the past...I do use a few different things.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all these quotes & I would vote for ordinary any day of the week. Your post reminds us to all look for the ordinary everyday miracles that are often missed in searching for something bigger. I do hope your cranky back rights itself & heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My back is much better now. I don't know how I missed the comments.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts