Wednesday Hodgepodge.......Stars and Stripes



It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  I've been trying to get back into blogging more, and this looked like a fun link up. Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life. 

This weeks questions seem themed around summer and all things patriotic. Both of which I love!

1. It's been said the best things in life are free...are they? What are some of those things?

Yes, I wholeheartedly believe that the best things in life are free...laughter, smiles, hugs, friends and family, happy memories, nature, faith. None of these cost money, but they are so very valuable, they may cost time, intentionality, but leave the green stuff at home.

2. Stars or stripes? Ooohh...both? Haha. I'd say stars if I had to choose one. 
Red, white, or blue? again...all? Red if I had to choose one.

 Apple pie or homemade ice cream? Homemade ice cream.

Do you like hotdogs? If so, what do you. like on yours? Yes I love hot dogs (an all beef "healthier" variety). I like a bit of mayo, ketchup, brown mustard and saurkrawt. If I'm able, I also like to melt cheese on it. 

3. One thing on your summer bucket list? Any plans to make it happen soon?
Go paddle boarding. I don't know when it'll happen. I don't own one so I would need to rent one. Maybe in August when we go to Orcas Island. You can more of my summer bucket (intentionality) list here

4. What's your summer anthem? Yes, you need to have one.

Hmm..I'm not sure because if we're talking music, it just depends on the day, but these two songs are favorites of mine right now. While they don't pertain to summer, they have a vibe about them that encourages me

Hopefully that worked. I may have to fix it. 


5. What's something you love about America? 

I do love the vast variety of what is available to us. I love the diversity of landscapes depending on where you go. I love that each region has it's culture, cuisine, etc.  I have typically loved the freedoms we enjoy, and the pride and honor people have in it,  though it seems in certain areas, those are being more controlled and people are becoming more disrespectful.

If you live outside of America, tell us something you love about the place you cal home. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

We survived a rare summer heat wave that lasted 3 days. Saturday through Monday our temps rose from between 108 and 115. That is not heard of in our area of the PNW and it was nuts. You couldn't find ice anywhere, roads were melting, siding on buildings was buckling. Yuck. We closed work early on Monday because we don't have central air and our stand up units couldn't keep up. I think it was almost as hot inside as outside. 

And I love this photo of my grandson last year.



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. We've been reading about your terrible heatwave. Here in Alabama, most everyone has central air conditioning -- We sometimes get up to 101 or so and our humidity is HIGH. I was reading an article about how to take care of your pets when you live in a place without sufficient air conditioning, etc. I know y'all felt like you were going to melt!!!! I love the picture of your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Lisa. Thankfully the temps are returning to normal where most will open windows at night to cool the house down, etc. it was a crazy few days. I love that picture too. SO cute.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you....he's a cutie and a little stinker...lol

      Delete
  3. That photo of your grandson is so great!! We used to live in Kenmore on your side of the mountains and we didn't have air conditioning and I can understand how oppressive this heat wave would be without a/c. Now that we live in Colville we are so thankful for a/c. Right now it's 109 outside. Hope you get to paddle board when you go to Orcas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, it is not often seen on this side of the mountains. I hope I get to as well. Though I'll probably stick close to shore. Thank you on my grandson. I love it too.

      Delete
  4. I love your bucket list. I suppose it's still early enough in the season to make one, so perhaps I will. I feel like we pack a lot into summer on all fronts so I don't necessarily need one but I like to think about it. Your grandson is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nice thing about bucket lists is they can be as long or as short as you want. He is a cutie, thank you...and a little stinker sometimes. Turning 3 in a week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts