Winter Intentionality List......Update



It's time for an update on the Winter Intentionality (Bucket) list. As I went through my list I realized I actually did more than I thought, and in some areas did "okay". It's encouraging to make goals that are trackable and attainable.  Thank you Leslie from Once Upon A time and Happily Ever After for hosting this. 

Good For the Body:
👎 Work on movement: stretching and flexibility...we workout 4-6 days a week but I want to work on the other two things above. I haven't really taken the time for this one like I wanted to. Still time though. Still about the same, though doing a touch better. 
👎Continue the goal of losing weight. Well, had taken pounds off, but put them back on....my cycle has been weird and maybe that's it but also because I was really lazy over the holidays and beginning of the year and ate off from what I normally do. Uggh...getting back on the horse. 
👌 Less coffee, more smoothies, tea and Arbonne Fizz for energy. Working on this one...not where I want to be yet but I've tried to be more intentional. Still not doing as great on this one....I tend to head toward coffee even though the reality is, it doesn't keep me awake...lol.
👌 Take walks when weather permits We've gotten in a few walks but the weather hasn't been overly cooperative. Weather still hasn't been cooperating, but I did go for a walk over the weekend. 

Good For the Soul:
👍 Finish two new books I got: I'm trying to read more. Both fiction for fun, and other books for learning and growth. I also joined my first book club and it's been fun. I haven't finished them but I've gotten in a good groove of reading my books so I feel good about this one. Still the same on this one....haven't finished the books I had intended, but still in a groove of making time to read.
👍 Listen to uplifting podcasts/IG stories, etc. for growth, encouragement and fun. I have certainly been more intentional with this. Haven't really done much of this. IG stories is easier, but I want to get into podcasts more.
👎 Spend time being "quiet" and "listening": Just being still, not feeling like I always have to go, go, go. Ha! Nope hasn't really happened. Oh boy. Why is this so so hard. 
👎Journal: I've always wanted to journal, even just quick thoughts that come to my mind, a quote, etc. I downloaded an e-book with prompts. I love this book and the prompts, I just haven't done it much..maybe a few days. Nope, haven't done this. But I have been blogging more and for me it's kind of a way to share....still want to journal somehow, but we'll see, maybe it's not really for me.

Good For the Heart:
👎Work on my new embroidery: I just started getting into this again.Nope, haven't started it yet. Nope, haven't started it yet. I just haven't had time. 
👌 Send some cards of gratitude. Not cards of gratitude but I did send Christmas cards this year. 
👎 Find places in our own backyard to explore. Our weather hasn't been great and my hubby was sick for 3 weeks and I was under the weather for about a week. No because our weather hasn't cooperated. But once it does, I will definitely make an effort. 

Good for the Mind:
👍 Learn something new: Whether it's photography or something else. I did learn how to make Calendula salve..find that post here...I also bought a new camera lens and some flat lays so I can work on food photography.
👍Work on my Spanish with Duolingo: I was doing good and then I just kind of quit doing it. Nope...haven't worked on it yet. I have started doing this again...not everyday, but I have re-started it. 
👌Hone some VA skills: I want to watch some videos, etc. to get better at what I do. Eh....didn't do much, but just a little. Still doing okay on this, but I have learned a few new tools to use on IG, which has been fun. 

Just Good:
👍 Try some new recipes: I love making new things, and healthier versions of the ones we love. I have tried a few new things. 
👍 Play games with family: I love playing games, we just don't do it enough. We did play games several nights which was nice. 
👍 Work on a puzzle. I actually completed two puzzles. 
👍 Do some photo challenges. Maybe join a photo walk in the city. No photo walks because of weather and feeling a bit sick. But I have joined a photo challenge and have posted that here on the blog. I've been consistent with one challenge... #sundaystills. It's so fun. I'd like to join a few more. But I'm going to start it slow. 

Can't wait to put thumbs up next to some of the others by the end.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. It looks like you are moving in the right direction, Kirsten. And as you say, there is still another month to knock a few more out. The weather has been so unusual where I live. I am hoping for a lovely spring. In the meantime, the bucket list is good for keeping me intentional. I love that you use that word in your description. Happy winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christie. I love the word intentional. It was one of my words of the year one year.

      Delete
  2. I really like the term "winter intentionality list" and might steal it! I'm struggling with a few things on my own winter activities list and starting to ease myself into feeling OK for not doing them.

    BTW, as a regular journal writer (started 5 years ago), I write in mine over my morning coffee. Since you're struggling to give up coffee, maybe this will be an alternative goal... coffee and journal! My morning journal entry always includes 3 things that I am grateful from the day before. And what I need to accomplish today, even if it's just text a friend to make a connection/let them know I'm thinking of them.

    Good luck with a few more thumbs up this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat for the tips on the journaling. I appreciate it. I have an online calendar called Artful Agenda and I really like it, there's a spot that I had hoped would be my "journal or thoughts area", just need to do it. I agree that we need to bring ourselves to a place of being okay with not getting some of our list items done.

      Delete
  3. Love Pat's good advice about journaling. I need to take my journal down with me for breakfast. I try to do my journaling during my morning quiet time but it just makes that time longer and then I am scrambling trying to get other things accomplished.
    Soooo, I am thinking maybe we could encourage each other to do IG stories. I really want to try them but just don't know how. I see these bloggers I follow talking for 10-15 minutes just about random stuff. But is that a story? Or a reel? I need a tutor!!
    Yay for joining the photo challenge and completing 2 puzzles, returning to reading and buying a lens and flat lays for your photography. That reminds me that I wanted to order some flat lays, too. I had them in my Amazon cart...wonder what happened to them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly use IG for my blog. I do have a separate IG page for it, but always forget to use it and never seem to get time to do it. IG has lots of great features. I haven't figured out reels.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts