Tuesday Four and Wednesday Hodgepodge

I have a busy month of October with working at my son in laws family pumpkin patch on weekends, grandkids on Tuesdays and working my other job 3 days a week. I decided I probably wouldn't get to some of the link parties (mostly photography ones, since there's not usually a lot of comments on those), but hopefully will stick to Tuesday Four and Wednesday Hodgepodge. I will probably combine them to just get them done all at once. Cheers to fall!


The Cozy Pastime of Reading




It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea.


People make reading lists for the various seasons and many mention how cozy it can be to cuddle up in a favorite spot to read.


1. Do you have a list of books you'd like to read? Oh yes!!! I will need to live FOREVER to get them all read!! I have lists everywhere..an amazon list, a good reads list, handwritten list, screen shots.  

2. Where do you get ideas for books you want to read? You name it, that's where I get the ideas. I get them from people I follow on social media, from friends, from browsing bookstores. I am a part of a few reading link parties and I get a lot of ideas from there. I get ideas when I'm browsing Amazon or Libby.   What kind of books catch your interest? I'm drawn to cozy mysteries, clean romance, historical fiction and non-fiction improvement, uplifting type books. Honestly there's a lot that catches my interest. 

3. What have you read lately? I am just about done with Theo of Golden and have loved that book. I also just finished a cozy called Meltdown in Christmas River and it wasn't quite the typical cozy because there was some swearing, but there were some really really good quotes in that made me really love the book. Re-Connected by Carlos Whitaker was another great one. 

4. How do you find time to read and where do you make yourself cozy and comfy to read? I listen to audio books in the car or when I'm putting the mail away at work before we open and I'm the only one there. I read books on my Kindle App when I'm out and about and have a few minutes or if my hubby is on a call in the car, I'll read. I usually read physical books at home or if I'm waiting at an appointment. 

I used to read all the time and then went through a phase where I wasn't picking up books as much, and in the last little over a handful of years, have gotten into it more. 



It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

Fall in the mountains of Colorado.

1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to mind? Crunchy leaves beneath my feet, sometimes a blustery wind, rain. 

2.  Is a trip to the mountains something you enjoy? Oh yes!!! Because I live in the PNW there is not a shortage of mountains. We often take trips to the mountains for hikes, and we get to see them when we drive anywhere. What's your favorite mountain? Well I love seeing Mt. Hood, but we are close to Mt. St. Helens and that is a pretty cool mountain. In the town I grew up in, there is a mountain called Mt. Si and my girls always called it Nannies mountain because as soon as they saw it, they knew we were getting close to her house. We also love the mountains in Central Oregon...I don't think I can really pic a fave. 

Mt. Hood viewed from Lacamas Lake.

Mt. Rainier


The view climbing either Dog Mountain or it was hiking Beacon Rock.

Mt. St. Helens above and below.



Mt. Bachelor in central Oregon.

Mt. Si, A.K.A. Nannies Mountain

3. What's something that once felt like a mountain, but is now just a molehill? I'm going to say putting our property into a trust and will, etc. It has always seemed daunting but a month ago we did it through a lawyer and now it's seems like it was nothing...lol. 

4. Let's play this or that-fall foods edition. Yes you have to choose. 
  • pumpkin spice latte or chai latte.....PSL
  • apple cider or hot chocolate ......Hot chocolate
  • stew or chili....Stew
  • sweet potato casserole or green bean casserole.....I'm going with Sweet Potato casserole, BUT this green bean casserole is the bomb. 
  • butternut squash soup or creamy mushroom soup.....hmmm I have never tried butternut squash soup so let's go with that.
  • cranberry sauce or gravy....Gravy! I am not a fan of cranberry sauce. 

5. Sum up your September in a sentence or two. I have no idea what to say, it was a pretty ordinary month, though the weather was beautiful with a few blustery days.

6. Insert your own random thought here. It's just about October, and I'll be working at the pumpkin patch on the weekends, it will be a busy month. 

We've also started work on our property development. They are pulling out some stumps, and soon will be clearing part of our property and putting in utilities for our garage and two RV pads. They will also clear and grade the remaining area that will eventually be a fenced garden (hopefully). It will be great when it's all done, but it's going to get wet, and chaotic, and muddy in the meantime. I may just avoid looking outside for a few months...lol. 

I suppose I should get on with my day. I haven't accomplished much this morning. I'm tired. I did finish Theo of Golden. I was so close so decided to finish it. Such a great book. I have an oil change appointment this afternoon and then going to upgrade my phone. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. All those mountain photos are so pretty! I don't think I could ever possibly read all the books on all my numerous, never ending books lists either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your mountain photos.
    We need to upgrade our phones as well, it has been awhile.
    Hope all goes smooth for you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've sort of lost my reading mojo over the past year or so, though I have been enjoying a cozy mystery set set in Scotland's Isle of Man. I read Theo a long time ago, then enjoyed the movie, too. Another fun Hodgepodge from Joyce and I enjoyed your posts! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts