Combining two link parties in One...Tuesday Four and Wednesday Hodgepodge
First up, since it's Tuesday.....Tuesday Four: Foodie Questions
2. What's your 'superpower'? I had to sleep on this one, and being able to sleep all night without waking up is NOT a super power I possess. Gee, why does it seem easier to think of things that are NOT my super power? But what I think are super powers, I don't really know. I'm going to go with my ability to go with the flow and not get easily worked up about things. It takes a lot to get me rattled. Maybe also my ability to be pretty "low maintenance".
3. Will you do anything special on Valentine's Day? Well! We have reservations for dinner on Saturday night so the plan was to just be home on Friday night. My youngest daughter who is 25 but still lives at home is hosting a bunch of her single gal friends and we had planned to just stay home. However, I just found out I won a giveaway from one of our local businesses for a dinner reservation on the 14th, so I'm thinking that's what we'll be doing if it works out. If so do share. Any thoughts on/about this particular holiday? Personally I prefer to not go out on these types of holidays because they're just SO BUSY! I don't think Valentines Day has ever been a largely celebrated holiday by us. Not sure why. Share a favorite verse or quote relating to love. I love this translation of 1 Corinthians 13 from The Mirror Translation!
Love is predictable and does not behave out of character. Love is not ambitious. Love is not spiteful and gets no mileage out of another's mistakes; it bears no record of wrongs.
4. Are you a fan of the rom-com genre? I do like some. If they're good and for the most part clean If so what's one of your favorites? I liked the movie Find Me Falling, 27 Dresses, Princess Diaries, Father of the Bride, The Proposal was funny and I'm not sure if considered Rom Com but Ever After and The Princess Bride are faves. If you're not a movie go-er then what about a book you love that features a great love story? I also like romantic books, again, as long as they're pretty clean. A favorite? I'm not don't think I have a favorite. How about a favorite love song? How can I choose. I really am not always good at these things. I don't really have a favorite. I like a lot of them and it just depends on my mood.
5. Let's get creative...write an acrostic using the word L-O-V-E.
Learning to grow and change together and allowing each other to grow and change as an individual.
Overcoming obstacles and hard times.
Valuing the others opinions, thoughts, ideas and feelings.
Embracing the various seasons of life you will go through as a couple and individually.
6. Insert your own random thought here. Monday on the way to work I stopped at a friends house to drop something off. As I got out of the car, somehow (don't ask me how), I shut the top part of my thumb in the car door. The door shut all the way. Thankfully I didn't get the knuckle but just the thumb nail part of it. It's bruised and hurts if I apply pressure but it certainly could've been worse.
This Thursday we are having an inspection done on our house and would appreciate any prayers you want to throw out there for a good outcome.
I am now a full week without doing any virtual assisting. I'm still working at finding a new groove with my time, but I am liking having the freedom.





.jpeg)
Good choice of movies! Hope your thumb heals quickly. I had that happen when I was 12...I wrapped my hand around the space between the doors (the front & back doors were open) and my sister slammed the door. And then when it wouldn't shut, she pushed on it!!! I feel your pain! :D
ReplyDeleteHi, I love your wedding photo, your dress, your flowers ... beautiful. :-)
ReplyDeleteOuch... your thumb... I hope it heals quick.
Carla
Great pictures of your two!! I love wedding photos and then I love to see pictures of couples married for years. Ouch about your thumb. When I was a teenager, I closed the car door on the finger of my youth pastor's young daughter. She screamed and screamed and I felt so bad I could hardly stand it!
ReplyDeleteI love the wedding pictures and today too. I might have to dig one up in honor of the holiday. Hope your thumb is okay. A door 'slow closed' on my ring finger once and it didn't really even hurt, but whew...it became a problem. It swelled and then I couldn't get my rings off and they had to be cut. How fun to win a dinner out! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI hope your thumb heals better than mine. A year ago I banged my thumb, nail bed. I almost lost my nail - then I got a nailbed infection. Then I accidentally cut a chunk out of my thumb - in the kitchen - all this within 3-4 weeks. Now my nail looks wonky and deep down it’s still sore but does look like it’s finally starting to heal. Must be some old lady thing because I’ve never done this before.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful wedding photo. Our wedding anniversary is the 16th so we’ll observe that and maybe my husband can pick up a after-valentines deal for a box of candy!
Have fun whatever you plan to do.
Debby
Your plans for Valentine's sound nice, I would much rather go out the day after too. Congrats on winning the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteLovely phot'os of you and your husband, you look very happy together.
Your poor thumb I hope it heals quickly, thank goodness you didn't break anything.
I hope all goes well with the inspection.
I'm curious about the crust less taco pie - sounds like a great meal idea I'll have to check into. Love your answer about superpowers. I think my ability to go with the flow and not get rattled could be my superpower too, though I may be losing my touch a little bit! Love your wedding photo and the photo of you two today! Hope your thumb heals up quickly (ouch!!) and that your home inspection went well. And that you're having a great weekend!
ReplyDelete