Wednesday Hodgepodge






It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. What is a childhood habit or preference you will never outgrow? Hmm..I don't have a great memory of childhood. I did love to read and that has continued. I really can't think of anything else at the moment. Though I never liked cooked peas, and I still don't. My love of photographs I do believe came from growing up and seeing photos on the wall at my grandmas house. I love those kinds of memories. 

2. Did you know July is beans month? I had no idea...nothing surprises me. What's your favorite bean? I don't think I have a favorite bean because it really depends on what I'm eating. I DON'T like lima beans. Your favorite recipe that calls for beans? This hot sausage and bean dish (I need to redo that post, it's old) is always a hit when I bring it places.  When it comes to chili are you team beans or team no beans?  Definitely team beans, in fact, I've never thought of chili being made without them..like, what is in it then..haha. 

3. Some historical figures have a tag line after their name, something like 'the brave' or 'the wise' or 'the mad'...what would your tag line be? Kirstin the optimist Explain why? I always joke that I'm a realistic optimist. Now whether that stems from denial or just seeing the bright side the verdict is mixed..haha..no really, I tend to try and see the positive in most things. I was going to say Kirstin the friendly or Kirstin the procrastinator (on some things), but went with optimist. 

4. The way to my heart is______________________________. Oh man..I'm so low key, but if you invited me to go get a coffee and then go to a bookstore and then to some vintage/antique/thrift stores, I'm all in! 

5.  The calendar rolls into August this week, but before we go give us four adjectives that describe your July. Sunny, fun-filled, non-stop, busy. It was a good month, but there was a lot going on and it seemed to go by so fast. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. It's hard to believe that July is over. WOW. Yesterday we had friends up for dinner and hanging out. We had a baked potato bar. They are visiting from Tennessee...they just moved there, but came back to visit for a month. And funny story, our oldest daughter and her family are in Tennessee right now, so they basically swapped houses and cars for the week. 

I'm ready to jump into August. The next few months have some good things planned, and I'm looking forward to them. 


Finished the above puzzle...it was a fun one. I love White Mountain Puzzles. Plus they're made in the US.


Started this puzzle...Getting close to being done since it's only 500 pieces. 


I also reorganized one of my drawers...I saw a reel on IG that showed this and thought I'd try it. So far I like it. I have these drawer dividers in several drawers and LOVE them. 


Sunday, hubby and I went to a nearby town and walked the waterfront and the stairs that go over the train tracks, then stopped for coffee and breakfast sandwich before heading home. 


Now I'm off to get some things done that need doing!!! 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I'm really impressed with that drawer! Well done. I love the puzzle you finished, too. That swapping worked out nicely. It is fun to be around optimistic people. Hope your last day of July is good and that August is filled with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy being around optimistic people. I'm an optimist too and when someone is negative I generally try to insert a positive thought to counter it. I need to do some organizing here too. Mostly cleaning out some drawers and my closet. Again. I don't know what happens in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care for lima beans either. It sounds like you have had a busy month. That breakfast sandwich must have been tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of us mentioned reading as our childhood thing that we continue. I have always been a reader as well. And I'm definitely an optimist too - why didn't I think of that for my tagline? Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post today. I don't like lima beans either. I can be a procrastinator too. Those puzzles are do detailed. I was never good at them. That is a nice picture of you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kirstin, the optimist. Also, I need to get some drawer dividers. I have three or four drawers where I need some better organization. Maybe I'll do that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts