Wednesday Hodgepodge...It's time for the questions!





It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1.What do you love about your life right now? I love that right now I get to spend time with my grandkids as much as I do. I love that my Wednesdays off are usually mine to do whatever I like. I love that I'm reconnecting with one of my HS best friends over a Zoom book group. 

2. March 26th is National Spinach Day...are you a fan? I do like spinach. If so, how do you like yours prepared/served? I like in smoothies, in soups, on grilled sandwiches. I'm not a fan of it in salads, at least not a lot of it. I think it's a texture thing. Same with sandwiches that aren't grilled. If they're not grilled, I just want lettuce. I don't like spinach wilted as a side dish...I take that back. It just depends. If it's fresh spinach, then yes. If it's frozen, no thank you. I have used frozen spinach in dips before and that's okay with me. 

3. In this current season would you say you need to spend more time looking inward or that you need to get out of your head? Now I would say looking inward, but I don't know if I see it as a "need" or a desire.  Tell us why. I always want to be looking inward, always learning, evaluating my life, my attitudes, etc. A few weeks ago I needed to get out of my head. 2021-2023, there were a lot of times I needed to get out of my head because of a relational conflict with a family member. I have to remain intentional. I'm not one that easily gets in my own head, but when I do, it's like I'm literally talking myself out of my head constantly. 

4. Are you following the 'March Madness' madness? (That's US college basketball in case you're out of the loop) I'm not a huge basketball fan. My hubby does watch the games and will probably try to watch the finals. I actually just finished listening to an audiobook called "Wake Up with Purpose" by Sister Jean Dolores Schmidt. She is a 103 year old sister/nun. The book chronicles her life, and an FIY, she is the chaplain for the Loyola University's mens basketball team. It was a fun book to listen to. What's something that feels like actual madness to you right now? Well, other than obvious things, like the world, healthcare, etc...At work, it's dealing with Amazon drivers who keep leaving packages outside when we are closed, even on the signs that say "don't leave packages when we are closed". I'm not sure what else in life feels like madness. I'm pretty even natured, so it takes a lot to make me feel like something is "madness". 

5. How will you celebrate the Easter/Passover holiday this year? With my inlaws, nephew and his family, and our youngest daughter, and a few friends. Our oldest daughter is going to her inlaws house. I think we're just going to do a simple meal. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  We are having blinds installed today in the new part of our house. It's been 2 years since we've been in that side of the house and just now ordering the blinds. Yay! 

Tonight I'm going with a friend to a ceramic painting place and then to dinner. I'm looking forward to that. I've never done it before. I want to always be in a place of learning new things. I don't have to be great at them, or even "good"

I feel like I'm finally finding a rhythm in life now that March is almost over. I had mentioned awhile back that I just felt like I was struggling with March. I know a lot of you felt the same way. So here's hoping things get on a more even track. I don't really care for roller coasters all that much. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Agree with you about all the things going on in the world that are madness, and I'm glad I don't have a lot of madness to deal with right close to home at the moment. Hope you're having a great time with the ceramic painting - it sounds like fun! I haven't tried that, but I'm like you in wanting to keep trying and learning new things. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too ( on the no madness close to home...phew). I did have a good time. Totally forgot to take pictures. haha.

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking how hectic March was for me too, and also, how quickly it seemed to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I'm not even in March, and here it is April. We have been so busy, I've done so much driving, and I'm kind of just one day at a time right now. I would love to sit back and revisit my blog, but not sure that's going to happen the way I want this month either. I hope you had a nice Easter with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts