Weekend Coffee Share......Come Sit with me


It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later. I truly enjoy what you all share and I often learn so much. 

Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare.

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about:

The Weather: A little bit of rain, a little bit of sun, a little bit of cold...no snow. We just take what we get. I'm hoping for some dry spells this weekend so we can go on a walk to get some steps in. Last Saturday it did try to snow, but it wasn't successful in sticking. 

What we're thinking about: I've been thinking about a few things I want to accomplish in the next few months...I need to clean and organize a few spaces in the house. I am hoping in the next month to go down to 3 days a week at work. I talked to my boss and she was good with it, but we have to see if one of the other girls will take one of my days. I'm praying one of them will. If that's the case, that extra day will be "my" day. Right now on my Wednesdays off, I hang with the grandkids all day and I'm at their house so I don't really get a lot accomplished. I'm thinking of how I'd want that extra day off to look. I think it will be a combination of a lot of things depending on the week. I'm excited. 

What we're thankful for: The reminders I've had to enjoy the simple things. Several bloggers here on Weekend Coffee Share mentioned them last week (I forgot to write down who they were so I could give a shout out)...I'll get better at that. But I'm thankful for the simple joys, the little things that can bring us great joy. 

What we're reading or wanting to read: I finished my bookclub book and really enjoyed it. I just started an audiobook called Scary Close by Donald Miller, and started a fiction book written by a former HS classmate called Four Seasons by Chris Widener. Below are the books I read for January. On IG stories I did rate them. 

I'll Be There But I'll Be Wearing Sweatpants...5/5 Loved this book. I listened to it on audio and the authors did a great job. Such an encouraging book when it comes to adult friendships.

The Bakery on the Cove....2/2 It was cute but not well developed and I just felt the "voices" were not realistic or consistent.

Cottage on Oceanview Lane...4/5 It was a good storyline and I liked the characters, but there were a few I was a bit unsure about. I'd read another in the series to see where it goes.

Remarkably Bright Creatures...5/5 This was our bookclub book and I loved it. I wasn't sure about how some of the characters fit in the beginning, but as I kept reading it made sense. 

Lost Art of Reverie...4/5 Another "Cozy" book with a good storyline. I did enjoy this one alot.

Hygge Simplified....3/5 I suppose I could have given it a 4, but I'm familiar with Hygge and I felt this book is for someone who isn't as familiar. However, it is well done...appealing to the eye, and I just loved the look, the font, etc. It was just VERY simplified. 




Around the house: Our walk in closet will be put in next Monday..I think it's only one day install. We were gifted a treadmill (a used one but we've been talking about getting one and this is a good way for use to see how we like it without putting out a lot of money). Now we're trying to figure out where to put it...there's a lot of "rearranging thinking" going on around here. My daughter is trying to rearrange her room and we're just trying to figure out what things need to go where to make it all happen. 

What we've listened to or watched: Nothing really this week. I did watch a few episodes on You Tube of Working on Exploring's Adventures..you should check them out. I plan to watch more. I love enjoying the travels of others. If you have a You Tube channel, let me know. Other than shows with the grandkids, I didn't watch anything for myself unless you count IG and FB videos..Lol. And sadly no podcasts. Geez, sometimes I'm on top of it and other times, not so much. 

From the Kitchen or restaurant: I made some turkey lettuce wraps that were quick and easy. I made them in the morning so after work I could just put them together. Also made chicken Tzatiki bowls which are also another favorite. I had White chicken chili on the menu but didn't get to that one. I'll make that this week.
We did go out to eat last night with a friend to a German Restaurant. We enjoyed fondue and I had Hungarian chicken jaeger schnitzel. Very good but always such big portions, I never finished it. I was thinking of making some sourdough bread today, but we'll see. 

A favorite photo: The grandkids this week..haha..surprise surprise...I really need to take more photos of other things. We got a break in the weather on Wednesday so went outside for awhile. Pepper and Ginger were watching Indy dancing on the sidewalk. The bottom one is Indy decked out in all his "riding" gear. 





Favorite quote of the week: Last weeks theme for #WQ was Envelop. You can read my post here, but here is one of my favorite quotes. 


This one just really spoke to me as soon as I read it. I feel like it so perfectly speaks of how I want to live my life on a daily basis.


Random or not so random things: Let's see...I really need to learn to write things down as they happen, otherwise I forget. There were a few days last week, I really felt like I'd fallen into a "funk", just feeling off...not sure why, but feeling better now. 

I've been doing great getting in my 10,000 steps a day. Sometimes it's meant standing at my computer at the kitchen counter while I march in place, do side steps, etc..whatever works. I'm hoping it's a habit that sticks.

For about 3 days in a row outside our workplace (well, across the street), there has been a man just hanging out...he'll just stand there on the corner, walk up and down the sidewalk, or sit down. It's been a bit disconcerting given that our job has packages coming and going on a daily basis, so we've been on high alert, and whoever is the last person at work has been locking the door while they close everything. So far, he's been harmless, but sometimes when he just stands and stares across the street, I'm sorry, it's a bit creepy...I joked with my coworker that I want stand there and do the whole, "I'm watching you" thing with my fingers to my eyes..lol. 

I don't remember if I shared that I had a package stolen in December...well, that's what it was decided...I was hoping it was just mis-delivered and would show up, but our post office decided that our bank of mailboxes were being hit with theft. Mail and packages missing and then the sheriff pulled someone over who had stolen tags on their car and traced them back to one of my neighbors. WOW! So now there is an investigation, they're holding our mail for pickup and will have to change the master key on all the CBU units in our town. It could take awhile. Thankfully they just put my mail in with my works mail so that makes it easy. It's so frustrating that people do this kind of thing. I just don't understand it. Anyways.....back to the package...I had reached out to the company saying my package was lost or stolen and was there anything they could do...They kindly sent me a replacement. I was so happy. They weren't obligated to do so, it wasn't their fault. I received the replacement the other day. I had all but given up on getting it. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I'm on the wait list for Remarkably Bright Creatures at my library. I hope you get the work schedule you requested. Glad to hear you received the replacement package. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie. I'll be curious to know what you think of the book

      Delete
  2. I try to write stuff as they happen too. An app I recommend is Evernote. You can access it on your phone and computer. I am also trying to experiment with voice note -- Evernote does have that but also if you have an iPhone it's already built-in -- you could record your ideas on what to write. And then, of course, there's always taking around a little notebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look at that App, though it's a matter of using it..haha, since I use a great calendar called Artful Agenda (its digital) and it has a great place for lists, and I use it on phone and computer..I just have to make it a habit.

      Delete
  3. I'm waiting for Remarkably Bright Creatures to come in from my library hold too and can't wait to dig in as I see so many bloggers saying it's their favorite. Funny enough we had white chicken chili on our menu last week that I never got around to making either so we're having that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts