Wednesday Hodgepodge...Holiday Time






It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.




1. Sum up your November in ten words or less. Quiet and uneventful.

2. Are you hosting any holiday parties this year? We are hosting a friendsgiving this coming Saturday.  Attending any? We haven't been invited to any...haha. Not sure if my hubby's work is having a Christmas party. I don't think so since they just had a big anniversary celebration. Party pooper, party animal, or life of the party...where do you land when it comes to parties? Well, I'm not a party animal in the traditional sense of the phrase, but I do love to attend parties. I love enjoying the company of other people, trying yummy food, etc. But I'm also fine with small gatherings or just being home and not going anywhere. 

3. Do you purchase holiday clothing of any sort (sparkly tops, Christmas jammies, Santa suit, etc). Not usually. However, if we are going somewhere I'll buy a new dress or outfit. If they sold Christmas jammies as shorts and tees I'd buy one. I've been thinking about buying a fun Christmas shirt to wear to work. 

4. What's your go-to recipe when you're asked to bring an hors d'oeuvre to a party? I will often bring this really yummy herb dip for veggies. Or maybe this cheese dip, or a veggie pizza

5. December 3rd is National Play Outside Day...what might you do to celebrate? Well, it's probably going to be raining, so I won't be going outside, and we are hosting a Friendsgiving later that day so I'll probably be doing a lot of things inside. Maybe I'll try to find a way to get out there though. 



6. Insert your own random thought here.  I think my house is mostly decorated. I just need to put things away and do a few other odds and ends. First time in awhile that I've been done decorating by December 1st. 

I'd love to ask you to be praying for my grandson. Tomorrow (the 1st) he goes in to have his adenoids removed and his tongue tie fixed. This is how Mayo Clinic defines it: A condition that restricts the tongue's range of motion.

The condition is present at birth. A short, tight band of tissue tethers the tongue's tip to the floor of the mouth. It can affect how a child eats and speaks, and can interfere with breastfeeding.
Symptoms include difficulty sticking out the tongue past the lower front teeth or lifting it to the upper teeth, though many people have no symptoms.
The condition often resolves itself. If not, it can be treated with surgery.

His did not resolve itself and they decided they are both simple procedures and easily done in one visit. Pray he has peace, it goes well, and he heals quickly.

I've been trying to make my Goodreads goal, but I think I have 8 books left to read and I don't think that's going to happen by the end of the year, unless I read some pretty easy ones and about 2-3 a week. I'm not that fast of a reader but I'll do my best. Actually I should say, I'm not that fast of a reader...yet. I was listening to an instagram reel about reframing negative self talk, so instead saying I'm not a fast reader, just adding "yet" reframes it.  



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hoping all goes well with your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It did all go well. You wouldn't even know he had the procedure.

      Delete
  2. I do hope all goes well with your grandson. I was a speech pathologist and am very familiar with the 'tongue tie'. That is usually a simple fix and I will be praying your grandson's is uneventful, the adenoids too. I am envious of your fully decorated house. Mine is ever so slowly (emphasis on the slow) getting there. We got a real tree this year and haven't brought it inside yet, but I am trying to do a little bit of the other decorating every day. Today I moved my Christmas dishes and mugs into the kitchen, bought a gift, and had my nails done since we have two parties this week. Priorities-lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce. He did super well. I think I'm finally done. Sometimes it just hard. Definitely priorities...haha!

      Delete
  3. I prayed for your grandson now because I'm afraid I'd forget tomorrow and I wanted to make sure to pray for him. You reminded me of my GoodReads goal, just checked and I need to read 2 more. I've gone one started already, so I think I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy. He did great! I wish I only had two more books but I think I'll get there.

      Delete
  4. Praying right now for your dear grandson and that all goes well for his surgery and recovery. Happy December to you and enjoy your friends event!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First and foremost I am praying for your grandson. ((Hugs)) I enjoyed reading your answers and way to go on having your house decorated. I'm just not feeling it yet and will do less than normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby. It all went well. Sometimes I think we just need to go with how we are feeling and be okay with it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts