Party Recipes!


Are you like me and have faithful recipes that you make when you have a group of people coming over? Last night we had about 15 people up to our home. I wanted to have light appetizers so I  dug in to my recipes and pulled out some family favorites. For some reason I thought these were already on my blog so I only took a picture of one of them. I'm still going to share them because I just can't believe they're not here and they're so worth making! Of course, they could very well be on here and I just can't find them.


Drumroll please..and the 3 Party Recipes are..

1) Creamy Herb Dip
2) Cheese and Salsa Dip
3) Veggie Pizza Appetizer

Let's start with the Herb Dip. This was one that my mom used to make often and it was a crowd pleaser. It still is. I recommend making it several hours or even the day before serving. You want the flavors to meld together. I often double this. I DO NOT recommend using non-fat ingredients, it just doesn't taste as good.
Ingredients:
3/4 c. small curd cottage cheese
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. sour cream
2 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. chopped chives or tops of green onions
1 Tbs. grated onion
1 sm. garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
Combine all ingredients.


#2 Recipe.....Cheese and Salsa Dip. 



Ingredients:

2 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
1 12oz. jar salsa (I like thick and chunky)
2 c. shredded cheese

Combine cream cheese and shredded cheese in bowl of mixer. Begin mixing to break up cream cheese. Slowly add salsa until you get a good dipping consistency. Not too runny though, think of guacamole consistency. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips!


And last but not least.....Veggie Pizza Appetizer....
Ingredients:

2 cans Crescent Rolls
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese softened
1/2 pkg. Ranch dressing/dip mix
1/2 c. mayonnaise

Assorted chopped veggies. I prefer: carrots, green onion, broccoli, radishes, celery and red pepper, but get creative.

Preheat oven to 350. Spread out crescent rolls onto a large (about 15x10 works great) cookie sheet, making sure to smooth the seams. Bake for 7 minutes or until lightly browned (do not overcook). Let cool. In a mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, ranch dressing mix and mayonnaise till smooth and creamy. Spread on top of crust and then top with vegetables. Press down with a spatula lightly so that they don't all fall off when you cut them. Cut in to desired size squares. Chill till ready to serve. 

*NOTE: you can double this mixture, which is actually what the recipe calls to do, but I cut it in half because I felt the original was too much. 
As I make these again, I'll be sure to take pictures and add them. So next time you're having company try one or all of these and watch your friends ooh and aah. But be sure to have the recipes handy because your friends will be requesting them. 


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Thanks for these yummy recipes, Kirstin. Savory snacks are my downfall. I'll take chips and dip over cookies any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome...these are so good and always big hits. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great appetizer recipes!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts