Tuesday 4.....Thanksgiving


The Thanksgiving Feast


It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week

Let's talk about the Thanksgiving Feast.

1. Do you celebrate with family, friends or by yourself? Often with both. My mother in law always hosts and she is always inviting others to join us. We find it odd if it's just family around the table.  We are also doing a Friendsgiving (my hubby and I) on Dec. 3rd with some of our friends. We are doing a Mexican theme. 

2.  Do you watch the Thanksgiving Day parade from Macy's in New York City? Off and on. I'm usually cooking, and hubby likes to watch football. But I do love a parade.  The appearance of Santa at the end signals the start of the Christmas season.  What does the day hold for you? I'll get up in the morning and start whatever dishes I'm going to make, this year I'm doing a from scratch green bean casserole and a dairy free dessert. We'll head down to my inlaws ( who live just down the hill from us) a bit early and we'll hang out, play some cards, watch TV, snack on appetizers. Then when everyone else arrives, we'll eat dinner and then play some more games or work on puzzles. I'm so far behind my fall puzzle, I might bring it down with me on my puzzle board and make everyone there help me finish it. haha! This year we have our first artificial tree so maybe I'll start a new tradition by decorating it on Thanksgiving evening. 

3. What foods are the hit of Thanksgiving Day for you? Rolls, My MIL's gravy. It really just depends on my mood. She also makes an awesome cheese dip and cheese balls that are yummy. 

4.  We say grace before and after meals. Is grace a part of your Thanksgiving meal? Yes, it is. Usually by my Father in Law.  

Whatever your Thanksgiving traditions, I pray that the day is meaningful and filled with love for you whether with family, friends or alone. May God shine his blessing love down on you and yours and make us all truly thankful this year. I agree with this statement. I know holidays can be hard for so many, so wherever you are at, I hope you feel loved and held and complete.

I can't believe I couldn't find any photos to go with this post. I'm sure I've taken pictures at Thanksgiving I just don't seem to have them on my computer. 



With Joy Unquenchable,

Comments

  1. My granddaughter loves puzzles. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those gatherings sound lovely. Enjoy! I'm impressed. Sound like a fun day with all that you do together with the puzzles and games. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your day sounds like it will be so much fun! Enjoy! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts