Weekend Coffee Share....Come Sit with Me


It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later.

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about.....


The weather: After all the dry weather we had, we finally got some rain yesterday afternoon. It misted for a bit, then rained harder for about 20 minutes. Though the next few weeks are showing back up to the upper 60's and 70's but also showing more chances of rain.

What we're thinking about: I know we all have different belief systems on here but I think this general idea applies to everyone so I thought I'd share the basic idea from an IG reel I watched this morning by a pastor I follow. In talking about the past he said, revisiting the events of the past is visiting something that no longer exists in the condition you remember it.  I thought that was so good and something to ponder. I was thinking about this in the context of events that caused us trauma, pain or hurt, whether physical, mental or emotional and to varying degrees. I think there's a big difference in how we revisit events and why we revisit events. It's a thought I'm still processing and thinking through. I've had a few conversations with people recently and the conclusion they all had was, there is no time for holding onto things that don't serve us well, that don't bring joy, forgiveness, love, healing. It does no good to revisit the past through any other lens. 

What we're thankful for
: Sleep and my bed. Haha! I'm tired right now, so that's where I'm heading! 

What we're reading or wanting to read: Still plugging away at the same books I've been reading. I did start a new kindle book called Or Else by Joe Hart. It's pretty good. 

What we've watched or listened to: I have listened to a few Ted Talks again last week. The surprising habits of original thinkers by Adam Grant, 12 truths I learned from life and writing by Anne Lamott, and, Our loss of wisdom by Barry Schwartz. I also listened to a couple of podcasts. One by Jen Hatmaker called It's just Food! Finding the fun in cooking with Teri Turner, then I went to Teri's podcast show and listened to an episode. I haven't really watched anything. 

Around the house: We got our bedroom furniture. I love it. I'll share photos once I have it organized. Now I need to find a new bedding set I like. The one we have is pretty old..lol. The outdoor addition of concrete is looking good. Hopefully we'll do the rest of it at the beginning of October if the weather holds. I did get my fall decor out but haven't decorated yet. I also bought (well, my hubby did) a couple fall pillows from Costco. The gal who helped us with some design elements stopped by to see the house last week and loved it and when asked for a few thoughts on some things she said "I'd put pillows on the chairs and couch"...I did a fist in the air rejoicing because my hubby HATES pillows that don't have a practical purpose..lol. Now I'm going to find more pillows. 



From the kitchen or a restaurant: I made homemade granola today. If you like granola, making your own is so easy. Here's a link to my recipe. I love it and you can add whatever you want. I mostly use nuts and seeds, but you could add dried fruit, coconut, etc. Other than that, not much else. 




I did move from my Lavendar Kiss drink to a Pumpkin White Mocha now that fall is just around the corner. 

Oh, I did try a new way of eating S'mores. In a sugar cone. It is now my favorite way. Everything is contained in the cone so nothing comes pouring out the sides leaving you with nothing like graham crackers do. We tried a few different ways. One, was to roast the marshmallows first and then layer them in the cone with the chocolate. The other way was to put mini mallows in the cone, then we used mini reeses cups, then more marshmallows. Then we rigged some chicken wire on a pitchfork and put the cone in the chicken wire (wish I had a picture of that), and set to the side of the fire. So good and gooey and crispy. 




Favorite quote of the week: Our theme last week was sight. Here's my link to that post and here are a few fave quotes. 



Favorite photo of the week: Red Leaf Coffee is the coffee shop both my girls work for and these two pics were on their IG page...that's my grandson...he's so fun. 





Random or not so random things: Honestly, I'm a bit tired, so anything I thought to say has slipped my mind, so I'll just leave it at this! Have a great week everyone. 



Check out all the other posts on 
Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare




With Joy Unquenchable,

Comments

  1. Hi Kirstin,
    Yep - back down here, about an hour north of San Fran, we just had our first rain and this after a wild couple of wind blows.
    Summer has broken off and our temps are back down in the 60s & 70s.
    Ahhhhhh - I can breath again.
    Given the schedule I think you keep - yea - I'll bet you're tired.
    I have a completely self-serving suggestion.
    Kick back with a good drink and an uplifting short story.
    I just happen to have the former handy, if you can manage the previous.
    One of my new stories if proving to be much more popular that I expected and I think part of it is that folks are just ready for an uplifting tale. It's about 6-7 minutes to read, so about the same time as your hot drink should last.
    Here's the link if you'd like to give it a try.
    https://garyawilsonstories.wordpress.com/from-the-street-to-behind-the-red-door-n2w-220915/
    Have a great rest of the weekend.
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...thanks Gary....I actually just finished reading your latest stories. I always enjoy them.

      Delete
  2. Kirstin, Thank you for your weekend coffee share. Your Fall-themed pillows look great. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and my boys tend to throw my throw pillows on the floor whenever they sit on the couch or chairs and tell me I can't get mad because it has the word throw in the name and they're just doing what it says! LOL. I try to keep the pillows on the furniture they don't really sit on as much as I can so I'm not always scooping them up off the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...yes. Our friend told my husband that women love them because they love to actually hold one in their lap when they are sitting down...

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts