Weekend Coffee Share....Come Sit with Me



It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later.

I probably won't be posting next week. We will be on vacation, enjoying family. I'll have my computer so if things are quiet, maybe I'll jump on, otherwise, I'll see you when I get back with a vacation update. 

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about.....

The weather: Mostly the same, though the last few days have been really hot, totally overcast and VERY muggy and a bit hazy. Next week we head to Ohio for vacation and the temps are supposed to be in the upper 70's or low 80's. 

What we're thinking about
: Right now, I'm mostly thinking about our upcoming vacation and the to do lists that accompany any trip. I work Monday and we leave Tuesday...that leaves me Saturday and Sunday to get everything ready. So I'm cleaning, watering, making a packing list and hope to have everything set out to pack. There are 5 adults plus 2 littles going and we are all flying at different times! I'm flying with my oldest daughter and her two little ones since her hubby isn't going. My hubby is flying separately because of airfare prices, and my youngest and her friend are flying out that night on a red eye. I think I'll be able to relax once we are all on the ground at our destination. So I'm making packing lists and grocery lists. We're staying on Kelley's Island and there is only a small market. My plan is to do a grocery order at Walmart and have one of my aunts who lives on the mainland, pick it up. Then when we get there, we'll stop at their house and grab it before hitting the ferry. Praying this all goes smoothly.

What we're thankful for: I'm so excited to see my aunts, so I'm definitely thankful for them. They are 3 amazing ladies who, even though I don't get to see often have always had a special place in my heart. The other day while I was driving, I got teary eyed just thinking about hugging them. 

What we're reading or wanting to read: I'm still trying to finish up my last book club book and the one I started reading for the book event I'm going to when we're on vacation..I mentioned that last week. We are choosing our book for next months book club. So far the book with the most votes is "One for the Blackbird, One for the Crow". I was in charge of choosing the books for voting. It was hard to narrow it down. The other ones we're choosing from are "The Keeper of Lost things", "A year of Marvellous Ways", "The Botanist's daughter", "The Kitchen House", "The sweetness of forgetting". They all sound so good! They'll probably end up on my to be read list. 

What we're watching or listening to: I haven't watched much. Today (Friday) I listened to two podcasts, one by Kristen from The Cabin Cast..if you love cabin life, this podcast is simple and fun. This episode was a Q & A and it was fun getting to know her more. I follow her on all platforms and her blog...I think we could be friends in real life. I also listened to an episode of Ed Mylett's podcast with Jeff Foxworthy. It was really good. 

Around the house: We got word that our bedroom set came in, but there's no time to have it delivered before we leave for vacation so now it's set to be delivered on September 12th. Man! That's going to be hard waiting for. 

We should be having our other concrete portion of the porch poured in a few weeks. 

I was watering my indoor plants the other day and I was so excited with how well they've been doing. 

From the kitchen: Tomorrow night (Sunday) we're having an Italian night. My youngest daughter is having friends up. I'm making spinach stuffed shells and she's making homemade Cannoli. The others will bring salad and garlic bread. 

I also had planned to make a new dessert recipe but never got to it. 

A few weeks ago I entered a contest to win a cookbook, and...I WON! This is it. I can't wait to try some of the recipes. I may have to tell my husband to forget his carnivore diet because I want to play in the kitchen. 




Favorite quote of the week: Last weeks #WQW was about mountains and rocks. I love living in a state where mountains are in abundance. You can find my full post here which includes a little blip about "nannies mountain" 




Favorite photo of the week: Last weekend we took my grandson to the Clark County Fair in Ridgefield, WA. He was so excited. He wanted an elephant ear (which he's never had so I don't know where he heard of one) and watch the Monster Trucks. In between that he wanted to go on rides. He loved the elephant ear and he did love the Monster Trucks, but I think he was getting hot and tired. Fun day! We went the last day so most of the animals were gone but there were still enough to satisfy him. I went on a few rides with him and then he went on a couple by himself and did a really great job. 



Every time we passed one of these, he had to put his face in them. 






This last photo...this little cutie was just sitting there kicking her little legs on the steps...super cute...would've been even cuter if she wasn't totally ignoring me telling her we needed to go inside. 


Randomness: This morning (Saturday) my youngest daughter and I went to a small outdoor flea market and a few shops in a nearby town. I got a cute bag to hold my portable hard drive and she got a couple signs. It was nice spending time with just her. I enjoy time with each of my girls separately but it doesn't happen often. 

We've got most of our trip planned for October when we hit the New England states. We still need to rent a car and I've been looking here and there for places to get coffee, eat, etc. 

One thing I've been dealing with the last month (which men might not be interested in, though if you're married, you will understand to some degree), is hot flashes, or as I've started calling them warm fuzzies since I don't think they are full on hot flashes...I will just all of a sudden feel "warm fuzzies" moving up my body..they last only a few minutes and then are gone. Night times are the worst and I haven't slept well at all. Though, this last week they seem to be a bit better and I've slept a little better. My naturapath suggested a tea from Mountain Rose Herbs called Wise Woman or something like that. We'll see if it helps. 

That's about all for me this week. I'm hoping to participate in #sundaystills, but we'll see if I get to it. 

Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hi Kirstin - your holiday sounds like it will be lovely - and I bet you're going to love giving those aunts of yours a hug when you get to see them. Good luck with the warm fuzzies - mine got so warm I ended up on a low dose of HRT to get them under control - they're no fun when the temperature is already hot and/or you're shedding clothes and then putting them back on again (over and over and over again!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness, I couldn't imagine having them in a hotter climate and we've had some 100 degree days...uggh! They've been better this week.

      Delete
  2. How exciting!! So happy for you. The kiddos are such dolls.. I would love to attend a county fair in our area, but we're always out of town when they occur.. I too, am not liking the warm fuzzies.. Good luck to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the above Anonymous comment is mine. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...no worries...many have been showing up anonymous, which is annoying but sometimes I can actually tell who it is commenting. :)

      Delete
  4. Kirstin, Thank you for your weekend coffee share and lovely pictures. I hope you have a wonderful trip to Kelley's Island. I bet there will lots of hugs with your aunts. Congrats on your cookbook win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Natalie. We will have a great time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts