Wednesday Hodgepodge





It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. Do you have a sister?  Yes, I have a sister. It is just the two of us. Tell us something about her. She is 5 years younger than I am. She is a single mom of 3 young adult kiddos. Sadly we aren't very close. I have wished we could be, but it's a difficult relationship to navigate. I'll leave it at that.  If you don't have a sister, tell us about a friend who has been like a sister. Or tell us about a sister-in-law if you have one who is extra special. 


2. Resister, assister, insister, persister...choose one of the words listed and explain how it relates to you and your life lately. I am going to say. mostly assister..it just seems that I'm assisting my family often in things, but also resister, because there are a few circumstances that I know I'm resisting. 

3. Share a favorite song, book, movie, or television program that features sisters. Oh..for sure Sister Act, Parent Trap,  Little Women.

4. August 3rd is national watermelon day...are you a fan? Yes, I enjoy watermelon. Do you like watermelon flavored candy? Not really because it's more of a fake flavor. Besides eating the melon as is, do you have a good recipe made with watermelon? When my girls were little we'd make "watermelon ice". They loved it. Here's that recipe. I've also loved making a yummy summer drink by putting watermelon, strawberries, some lime juice and a little bit of basil in the blender. I've also cut watermelon into wedges and put a popsicle stick in them and froze for a summer treat. Let's not forget the "watermelon" cake I made as well. I wish I had photos of everything, but I can't find them. 


5. 'Tis August...what are three things you're looking forward to this month? #1 on the list is going on vacation with my family to Ohio to see my aunts. Also a few other fun outings we hope to do. We plan to go to the fair next week, and this Saturday and next Saturday we are having company over, and that's always a treat for me. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. Today, I'll be babysitting again at our house. I never mind where I babysit the grands, but I really really like when I babysit them at our house. I made some popsicles, and Indiana wants to go to a park, play on our playset, eat lunch and popsicles. I also froze some dinosaurs in water for him to try and "free them". Haha! We have company coming Saturday and we're looking forward to that. It's several co-workers of my husband and their family's. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. It sounds like the kids are going to have a fun day at your house! Hope you have a great trip to visit your aunts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we did have a fun day, though their mama forgot to leave carseats so we didn't make it to the park, but that's okay, we still had fun.

      Delete
  2. Sister Act -- a different kind of sisters but sisters for sure! I love those movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, all those lovely watermelon recipes sound great! Thank you in particular for the summer drink one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always fun to have the grands in the house. I like the frozen dinosaur idea and might borrow that. We are headed to the beach with ours for a few days this month, and I am so looking forward to that. Enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! The frozen dinosaur worked great, though I don't recommend hitting it too hard..a piece of ice flew up and smacked Indiana in the forhead.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like fun plans for August. Enjoy those grands and your company, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have some fun things ahead this month! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you don't have a relationship with your sister. I like your movie choices. Your watermelon treats sound good. Your August sounds like fun. Since we had to leave Amber and Dylan's early we missed the Fair in Great Fall, MT. They went yesterday. Hope the babysitting went well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parent Trap. I had totally forgotten about that movie. We enjoyed that one when the kiddos were little. Not a fan of watermelon - but that cake sure looks good. Enjoy your vacation!! WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just LOVE the Parent Trap movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to watch it this week sometime

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts