Wednesday Hodgepodge.....

It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

I almost forgot again this week....good grief. I did post last week but very late, so if you want to see my answers for that you can find them here. 

1. July 6th is National Fried Chicken Day...are you a fan? I LOVE fried chicken!! Do you make your own or have a favorite place to buy from? I tried making it once and failed. As far as a favorite place...not really. We don't live where there are places known for their fried chicken. However, when we were in Texas we went to a really good walk up window restaurant that had really good chicken. Do you own chickens? No....I don't really have time for them and I'm always afraid something would eat them...besides us...plus I couldn't kill them. My husband however grew up having to help kill and pluck chicken feathers. It might have scarred him. If not chicken what's your favorite fried food? I also love french fries, beer battered fish....what is it about fried food. However, we don't eat it very often.

2.  What's something you're too chicken to try? Karaoke, sky dive, take a helicopter ride.

3. When did you last find yourself running around like a 'chicken with its head cut off'? Hmm....I really try to not do this, I try to be very intentional but I know there are moments that I do...often it's when a vacation is coming up and I need to get things done. 

4. Something you've done recently that makes you think 'I'm no spring chicken'? Exercising....little nagging things have kept me from working like I was even 6 months ago. That is frustrating.

5. 'Winner winner chicken dinner'...tell us about something good that's happened in your life lately. We finally got our house finished!! That was a breath of fresh air. We've been in a LONG building process since 2006. You can search home building if you want to go down a rabbit trail.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  Last week oldest daughter and hubby were busy selling fireworks for their youth group. Our youngest daughter helps at this too. We babysat grandkids for several days for a few hours so my daughter could be there. The kids went there too for a few hours but when you're that little it's hard to stay too long. Our daughters literally grew up selling or being a part of fireworks fundraisers. We started doing them when we were youth pastors when our oldest was 6 months old. That's 26 years of fireworks. They still love it.

The grandkids love the playset we bought. It was a good investment. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I'm so happy your house is finally finished! That must be a relief. As for the things you're too chicken to try, I don't think I'd mind going on a helicopter ride, although I'm not sure since I have absolutely no idea what it's like. If it's like going on a rollercoaster but worse, no thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astrid. Yes it is. I just don't like heights and some helicopters aren't fully enclosed and so that does not appeal to me.

      Delete
  2. I can't begin to imagine raising chickens and then eating them. It would be nice to have chickens for their eggs. Yes, getting ready for a vacation is very stressful for me. Happy to hear that your home is finished. So nice to be involved in a fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who I get eggs from. I lovingly call her my "egg lady".

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I love the fireworks tradition, and the story that goes along with it. FUN!!
    High Fives regarding your home, sweet, home being all done. YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts