It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

I totally realized I never posted and since the link was still up I decided better late than never to answer. 


1. Something you learned from your father? How to work hard. 

2. Do you like onions? Yes Raw or cooked? Mostly cooked, but I do like just a tiny bit raw on salads, sandwiches or burgers..however I don't like onions on pizza. How about onion rings? I LOVE onion rings. What's something you love to eat that calls for onions? Fajitas. I don't really know, but I do love them and we had them the other night and they do have onions.

3. It's officially summer (in the Northern hemisphere)...your favorite and least favorite things about the season? I love the longer days, birds singing, warm weather and sun...I don't like bugs, forest fires and extreme temperatures. 

4. When you think about the summers of your childhood what are two or three things that come to mind? We loved camping so that's a big one. Also running around our neighborhood with friends playing in the creek, river and in the woods. 

5.  A hot mess, the heat of the moment, beat the heat, if you can't stand the heat, catch heat, in a dead heat...choose a 'hot 'phrase and tell us how it applies to your life right now. Of these phrases I'd say "if you can't stand the heat"....simply because I don't like conflict and all the stuff going on in the world can be overwhelming for me when so many I love and care for sometimes have differing opinions and are not always showing their best sides. Also, the phrase "burning the candle at both ends"...I feel like I'm going, going, going, and wish for more time to just do some things I "want" to do. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. I totally can't believe I missed posting last week. I think I got busy with babysitting and trying to get caught up on things and just wasn't feeling the best. We set up a new playset for the grandkids and they love it. Our weather has been hot the last several days, hotter than I prefer but after soooo much rain, I will NOT complain. I will just enjoy the A/C. 


Also last Saturday my youngest daughter and I went on a city mural walk. You can read about it here....it was so fun and I need to go back and find even more. This was one of my favorites. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

Popular Posts