Weekend Coffee Share....Come Sit with Me




It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later. 

Oh, boy...I just sat here thinking "wait, did I get around to commenting on peoples posts last week? I think I missed a bunch. I apologize again. I need to go back because I enjoy so many of your posts. So I'll hopefully get on that...soon. I try to get to everyone's or at least the majority. Whether it's weekly updates, encouraging topic posts and everything in between, I learn so much from all of you. 

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about:

The Weather: Well, it stayed true to the forecast and has been in the mid to upper 90's all week and even one day supposedly hitting just over 100. The rest of this week should be in the 90's and then drop down to upper 70's and 80's next week. That will be very welcomed. Thankfully we don't have the humidity that other places do, but it's still a bit muggy and stagnant at times. I love when the wind kicks up. We live in an area that tends to be breezy. 

What we're thinking about: Nothing overly inspiring. The Ted Talks I've listened to were great food for thought. Some of the topics were; how gratitude rewires your brain; Connected, but alone; 10 ways to have a better conversation; say your truths and seek them in others; The profound power of gratitude and living eulogies. Lots of good stuff to think about. 

What we're thankful for: My daughter got home from Costa Rica Wednesday. They had a great time and it was very eye opening. She also had a facial run in with the door of a gate and smacked her nose, which is bruised but thankfully not broken. 

What we're reading or wanting to read: I finished my book Ever Faithful By Karen Barnett. What a fun little series. She has some others I may look into but I really need to get cracking on my book club book. 

I ordered a photography e-book on travel photography so I've started reading that. 

What we're watching or listening to: One thing I've been trying to do is listen to Ted Talks every day. I've found some really great ones. It's so easy to get in ruts isn't it? I've found when I'm listening to these, my mind is stirred, my thinking challenged. I've also listened to a few podcasts. One thing I like about Ted Talks is they're not very long so you can listen to them quickly. 

I've also been watching some cooking shows. Competition shows and some Joanna Gaines, Magnolia Kitchen. 

Have you listened to any good podcasts or Ted Talks or anything I should check out. 


Around the house: We just had more gravel delivered so we can finish building up the new part of the patio we're extending. Other than that, not much else aside from watering, watering, watering to keep everything alive. 

I did try and weed eat around my blueberries and I have some straw I plan to lay down around everything. 

From the Kitchen: Wednesday I decided to make a loaf of sourdough bread...I don't know what I did...well, I think what I did was add too much water, so it just wasn't holding together, even after the stretching, and every other process that goes into this. It completely stuck to the liner of my banneton (basket for rising bread), and wouldn't hold it's shape, sooo I put it back in a bowl, folded more flour into it and crossed my fingers and said a prayer. I HATE wasting anything so I wasn't going to just toss it. Well, it turned out and tastes good so I'll chock that up as a win! 

I also was inspired last week to make a blueberry cobbler. I found a recipe for a sourdough cobbler. I made it dairy free and used coconut sugar instead of regular sugar. It turned out really good. It wasn't as "thick" as I would have liked so I'd add something different next time. 




Favorite quote from the week: This week our theme for #WQW was sunshine. I LOVE light, sunshine, clear blue skies. Here's my link




Have you come across a favorite quote?

Favorite photo of the week: Photos from a hike we took Sunday...see "randomness"









Randomness: On Sunday my hubby and I went on a hike (see above photos). It was only about 35 minutes from our town and just outside the city limits of Camas, Wa. This hike has many "off shoots" of trails, and we used the All Trails App, and it worked amazing. We said several times, "how did we not know this was here". I knew this lake was here but I honestly thought there was just a simple trail around the lake...but the further we got into the woods and trail it was like we were out in the middle of nowhere. This is a smaller lake, called Round Lake is across a busy roadway from the larger Lacamas Lake. The last photo above is from the backside of the lake. We did almost 4 miles. It was beautiful. The Lacamas Creek runs alongside much of the trail with waterfalls along the way. 

I was fascinated by the holes in many of the rocks and how smooth many of them were. The holes are apparently called "potholes", and one of the waterfalls is called Pothole Falls. According to Wikipedia "t
he unusual water flow, drainage from an outlet dam of Lacamas Lake, has carved many "pot holes" in the rock underneath Lacamas Creek. The potholes range in size from approximately 3–10 feet wide and 3–13 feet deep." I also found this on another site: Potholes are carved into rock all around the waterfall. These crevices in the bedrock resemble Native American grinding holes, but were formed naturally by fast moving water that carried hard rocks capable of grinding out the softer Troutdale Formation.

This is definitely a hike we'll do again.


Nothing else exciting the rest of the week. Just work and avoiding the hot weather.




Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hi Kirstin - glad your daughter is h ome safe and sound (despite the run-in with the door or gate). Your hike sounds great and the hole-y rocks were an interesting discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirstin, I'm glad your daughter is home safely despite the bruised nose. The hike looks beautiful. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts