#WQW.....Theme: Sunshine



It's another week of  Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQW here.

The theme this week is Sunshine...or readers choice....or WOTY update. We are finally getting some consistent sunshine and warm weather here in the Southwest region of Washington state. However, the temps have been a bit higher than what  prefer..they've been in the mid to upper 90's even a few days where we hit 100 (which for us is not common). My happy place with temperatures is mid to upper 70's, maybe a low 80' here and there. I'd never survive in Marsha's Arizona! 

I haven't really done much more in regards to my WOTY, which is "Unfold(ing)". I have done another paint night, and that was fun...I have also been listening to more podcasts and Ted Talks to grow and stretch myself. 

I'm going to go with Sunshine for this week....I love light and sun. I love when the days are long. I've already noticed a struggle as I wake up at 5:00 and it's dark again. I don't have SAD, but I definitely thrive more when the sky is blue and the sun shines. I also live in a state that is known for being cloudy and rainy more than clear and sunny. Haha. Yet I say I never want to leave the PNW. 


Sunshine on a snowy winter day is magical!




I love a beautiful sunset. 




Sometimes on our walks up the hill by our house we get a view like this from the top...the sun and beautiful sky above the heavy fog below and we feel right in the middle of it all.




A peek of sunshine in the top corner. Nothing better than lots of sunshine on vacation! 




"Laughter is a sunbeam of the soul" ~Thomas Mann

I believe we can carry sunshine in our souls, despite whatever we may have gone through or are going through. Adults do not laugh enough, we get too weighed down by life. We've probably all heard it said that children laugh 300-400 times a day and adults only 17.5. We truly need to laugh more, don't you think. Carry more joy in our hearts. Find things to take pleasure in. Lift our faces to the sun more often. 




With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Wow, that was a jolting statistic. We only laugh 17.5 times a day? Yikes. That's probably an average of adults aged 21-80, so I assume that the younger one is, the more they laugh. Yikes! Your photo brought sunshine to me, and I love all the quotes, too. I do love sunshine and we are getting rain for the next week. Time to pull out some laughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would agree...that the younger one is, the more they laugh. We should change that shouldn't we.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts