Weekend Coffee Share.....Come Sit with Me


It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later. 

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about:

The Weather: Well, let me tell you....we had several sunny, hot days, and then a few days of cloudy, scattered showers and muggy. Tomorrow it's supposed to be rainy, and windy. Next week it's supposed to get warm again. I don't even know how to dress when I go to work, I end up too hot. 

What we're Thinking About: I know that we are all probably thinking about the recent school shooting and other attacks that have taken place. I will admit I hadn't heard right away because I haven't watched the news in so long. I feel like it has become so one sided, or maybe I'm just more aware of it in the last few years. One of our delivery drivers told us at work. It broke my heart and it saddened me that immediately so many took to social media with arguments and agendas on both sides. There is a time and a place for action, but it so much more than just one thing, it's a lot of things that breakdown and lead to these events, and I felt like in the raw moments, people just need to be able to grieve and hurt and process and hold up those parents, siblings, community, friends. 

What we're thankful for: I'm so thankful for the people that come into my life, whether in real life or virtually even those that push my buttons. I'm thankful for those who make me stop and think, to ponder, who might challenge my beliefs and cause me to re-evaluate. Those who challenge me to be better. 

What we're reading or wanting to read: I'm about halfway through American Predator. Wow...some crazy stuff. I haven't read any other True Crime. I haven't started any others. I did start re-reading the book Dwelling by Melissa Michaels. I may have mentioned it a few weeks ago. 

Around the House: Crisis averted with the water issue I mentioned last week. No lasting damage. Phew. The weather is supposed to be nice this next week so we are on the schedule to have concrete poured. We've been on the hunt for some footstools and found a local company who often goes to the farmers market but they haven't been there the last few weeks

From the Kitchen: Not a whole lot since hubby still is doing this carnivore thing, and several of the days it was just us so I literally just cooked a protein and then I just ate a salad. 

Favorite Quote of the week: Last weeks #WQW theme was Memorial Day. Here's my full post





Favorite photo from the week:

My grandkiddos love Face Time....I told Pepper "don't eat your toes"...and she proceeds to put them in her mouth and then put her foot out to me. She's so silly. 

This photo was shared by our local historical museum. The woman on the left, next to the horse is my mother in law. I'm not sure what year this is. I need to ask her.



What we've listened to or watched: I still haven't listened to the podcast episodes my hubby told me about. Ugghh, just not feeling like watching or listening to much of anything. If I can get motivated and get some online work done I may see if there's a good cooking show or movie on to watch while I work on organizing my photos. 

Randomness: Last Wednesday the weather was nice so I took the grandkids to a new park...The name is Haydu....the u is long like when you say plume..Indiana thought it was a funny name, but said it was a fantastic park. It was so nice to get outside and play. I learned later that there is a trail to the river so we may go back again to check that out. It is such a great park and I know it will be packed this summer since there are sport fields, but we had it all to ourselves that morning. 

I went to the eye doctor on Friday and she said my eyes are great, I should just increase the strength of my reading glasses because the rest of my vision seems fine. I'm looking on Amazon because one of the gals in the office said they do sell readers that also have blue light blockers which would be good since I'm on my computer a lot. 

Let's see....anything else....I don't know. I'll just leave it at this since I really need to go get some things done and these posts, for whatever reason always seem to take me awhile to type. 


Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Thank you Kirstin for your weekend coffee share. I'm glad to hear no lasting water damage in your new kitchen. Pepper looks adorable 'eating her toes'. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew. Me too. She's a funny girl! Have a great week and thank you for hosting and visiting.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kirstin - I'm so glad the kitchen survived the water disaster - such a relief when you don't have to pull up flooring or replace cupboards! Loved your little granddaughter - she is such a cutie! Thanks for the update on how your week's been going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...phew! that would have been a disaster. She is quite the cutie and a little stinker.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kirstin, whew - so glad that water in the kitchen just proved to give everyone a start. You've put so much effort into getting that room to it's current state, I'm still winded just by thinking about it.

    I'd not heard of the Haydu park so I looked it up. Wow - located in a very beautiful part of the PNW. My wife and I may be passing through there in a month or so as we travel to visit the new home of our oldest and his wife in Montana. My wife wants to see Coeur d'Alene and I too would like to revisit it, but this time with more than just a drive-through - which I've done 3 times now - but never had time to stop and breath the air.
    Should I wave to you as we pass the park? I seem to recall that you're not far from Mt. St. Helens which my wife might talk me into driving through again. It's something of a favorite occasional visit for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too. Phew. Haydu is a fairly new park, off the freeway. I'm sure it will be super busy in a few weeks. You should wave...I live in woodland so if you come that way, you'll drive right over us. If you like coffee, stop off at exit 22 and head west, and go to Red Leaf Organic coffee! My daughter works there. The Kalama waterfront is a great stop off point, with a nice grassy area and walking path and mcmenamins restaraunt now.

      Delete
  4. I hadn't heard of the school shooting at first either since I too have taken a huge step away from both media and social media. Your favorite photo of the week is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good true crime book. Have you read "Killers of the Flower Moon" -- that one was quite crazy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one. I might have to look into it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts