Weekend Coffee Share......Come Sit with Me


It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later. 

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about:

First I'd start off by apologizing because I don't think I got around to commenting on anyones posts last week. Ugghh. I HATE that. It's not like my week was much different than normal, but obviously it was just enough that I didn't get the chance to sit down and read. I'll do better this week, and may go back and catch up on a few from last week. 

The Weather: Do you like roller coasters? If not, don't move here. We have had a few mostly dry days mixed with heavy rain. Next week looks about the same. We'll just deal with it. Wednesday it was warm and sunny. Thursday we were turning the heat back up. This morning (Friday) it's beautiful but rain will be coming later. 

What we're thinking about: Well, at the moment I'm thinking about the potential for a crazy week ahead. One of my coworkers is sick, our owner/boss is out of town til Wednesday and my other coworker is gone til tomorrow and works a second job. This means I'm working today (Saturday), and if she can't arrange her schedule or our other co-worker isn't better, I could be flying solo Monday and Tuesday. Our little business gets busy!! BUT I told my owner yesterday (I work with her two days a week), it's fine, go enjoy yourselves, we'll be fine...which we will, it will just be a bit crazy. I said I was going to put a sign on the door that said "One woman show today, enter only if you have chocolate, coffee or have bought me lunch". One of my first years working here I had an unexpected solo day, not long after I started. I literally put a sign on the door saying "Thank you for your patience, we're a one woman show today". People loved it and it helped lighten the mood. 

My personality can roll with this, BUT that means I have to make sure I get some things done this weekend in case that happens. I also had to have my daughter get a standby babysitter if I have to work Wednesday. We'll see how it goes. Pray for me..haha. Let's hope I remember to grocery shop.

What we're thankful for: I am so thankful for the ability to overcome. I'm thankful for the ability to see things from a new perspective, to be willing to let go of things and heal. To forgive. To refuse to become bitter. I'm just thankful for it all! All of this life I've been given to live. The great parts, the ugly parts, the sad and the happy. I choose to be thankful and grateful. 

What we're reading or wanting to read: I finished Jo Traceys book The Little Cafe by the Lake....I was getting a bit worried about how it would end, but phew, it ended up without me needing to get mad at anyone. Haha. We are choosing our new Book Club book. It's going to be a true crime. Do you like true crime stories? I started another one on my kindle, but I don't remember what it's called. 

Around the house: Crossing our fingers that the beginning of next week is nice and we can pour some concrete! I decorated our new console table temporarily with things from around the house. My plan is to put a photo on the wall. I think I'll print one from our Europe trip. We'll see. I'll also add some layers and depth, but it was bugging me just being bare. I'm still loving where I have everything so that's good. I haven't reorganized the kitchen at all...lol. 






From the kitchen: This week I made some Feta burgers and Zuppa Toscana that were huge hits, especially the soup! They were easy. Usually I make the feta burgers with turkey but this time I mixed the turkey with some beef. 

Next week my hubby is going to do the carnivore diet so I'm working on my grocery list and menu. 

This weekend we are having friends over for dinner and I'm making Swiss Raclette and I think Strawberry Shortcake. 

Favorite Quote this week: This week our theme for #WQW was the sense of smell. You can read my post here. 



Favorite photo(s) from the week: Our daughter bought her first car. It'll be a car she'll have for a long time, especially if she takes good care of it. She's so cute. While we all typically buy used cars and pay cash, we felt this was the best move for her. She is great with her money and has a plan to pay it off as quickly as possible. 





What we've listened to or watched: Not much. It was a busy week and I just didn't do much listening or watching. I did listen to a podcast by a gal I follow on IG (Just Ingredients). It was on Homeopathy and really interesting. 

Randomness: Wednesday was so nice, so the kids and I played outside a bit and took a walk around one of the "safe" looking blocks by their house. Indy rode his strider bike and Pepper and I walked. I hope for more days like that. It helps break things up and we're not stuck inside all day. 


This tree was on our walk...it's called a Golden Chain. So pretty. We also saw some Dogwood Trees. I was telling my grandson the names and when his mom got home I asked him to tell her the name of the tree with pink and white flowers, and he said "a dog bone tree". So cute!

I'm trying to get myself back on track with exercise, self-care, all the things. Slow and steady. 

Tonight (Saturday) we are meeting friends for dinner to talk about an East Coast trip we want to take in October, that they've taken. I'm. looking forward to it. 



Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Jackie...we'll see how the week goes.

      Delete
  2. This is a great meme, very thoughtful areas of thought. I love your quotes and great car there for your daughter! So glad you had that midweek opportunity to be out with your family and enjoy a beautiful day! You mentioned on my blog not recognizing my time travel author, and I know the main reason why I do enjoy her books so much is because they take place in medieval Scotland, both things I love to much. I actually have some medieval decor in my home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting! It's fun when books take place in regions that interest us or where we live. When we visited Europe in 2019 it was so fun wandering through old castles and villages.

      Delete
  3. That golden chain tree is beautiful! Good luck at work; it does sound like a busy week. Congrats to your daughter on her new car; that's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne. We'll see how it goes. The gal who is sick seems to be feeling better so maybe she'll be able to come in.

      Delete
  4. Bless her with her new car. Those yellow flowers look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the 'one person' sign is a good idea. I hope work won't be too hectic for you by yourself and people will be nice to you. Congrats to your daughter on her new car. The Golden Chain tree is beautiful. Thank you for your #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. Thankfully we have awesome customers.

      Delete
  6. Hi Kirstin - good on you for having such a positive outlook on the stressful week ahead. I'm finding that I'm not a fan of being drowned in work (and I only have to do it one day a week) so I'm reconsidering whether this new job is what I want for my longer term future! Loved your daughter's "oh what a feeling" jump with her new Toyota.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like it but I can usually flow with it and our customers are usually pretty great. I'll be looking forward to the weekend.

      Delete
  7. Thank you (thank yoUUUUU!) for stopping by so I might come discover this uplifting blog. Your positivity and humor's so real; already I feel welcome. Off to Google Swiss Raclette now, but you betcha, I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kirstin,
    Boy to I get "trying to get back to normal" after all my travel the past 2 weeks: first a long drive to Montana then back to California followed by a long weekend flight to Virginia, a long drive once there then repeated to get back to the airport and a long flight home, all have left me messed up on my exercise and diet.
    I also understand being a one person show at work. Been there survived and hustled my way through those times when I was the guy charged with making it all work for our customers.
    But - once it's passed and you're back home relaxing, trying to reset and rest - doesn't it feel good to have pulled it off?
    Your sign in the window setting expectations and putting everyone into a lighter mood was great. I can think of times when I should have used a similar strategy to let folks know what they were stepping into and that I was on my own but scrambling to help them.
    Great stuff Kirstin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew, you have had quite the travel. our customers are awesome so even if it's crazy, I think it will all end well. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts