Weekend Coffee Share.....Come Sit with Me


It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try.

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about: 

The weather: We've had some beautiful days, but starting tomorrow afternoon it'll be non-stop rain for the next week. There are some flood warnings going out as well, though I don't think any in our area. We were supposed to take some family pictures tomorrow but the weather is iffy and it will not be fun taking pics with little ones if it's cold and wet...okay, it won't be fun for me if it's cold and wet. I finally finished this post Saturday....honestly we could've done photos..it was warm and didn't start raining til about 2:30. Oh well! 

What we're thinking about: No real deep thoughts this week, or at least not that I can remember thinking. I seriously need to start journaling thoughts when they come to me, because if I don't, they come and go so fast. Mostly my thoughts are revolving around what I'm going to do for the weekend, you know, that "honey-do", but I'm the "honey"..lol. Probably nothing outside since it's supposed to rain. I'll get some online work done. I need to clean a closet, do laundry and I'd like to move some things over to the new part of the house. I also need to make a grocery list and shop. Possibly lunch at my in-laws. It's MLS season so I love to watch our Portland Timbers. Even though I'm in Washington, we are on the border of Portland so we are Timbers fans rather than Seattle Sounder fans. They play tonight. 
I sent my sister a birthday gift yesterday. We haven't talked in months. Our relationship is strained but I wanted to let her know I love her and am thinking about her. Oh, and I guess today's the "magic" day that we all get to take our masks off, so I guess the people that gave me dirty looks. yesterday will smile at me today. That's how it feels at least. Anyways. 

What we're thankful for: I'm thankful for a drama free week at work. I know many can relate to that sentiment. Oh, and the lady who was really upset last week, sent us flowers yesterday. 

What we're reading or want to read: My reading really slacked off last week. I'm close to being done with my book club read, which is good since we're meeting next Friday. I haven't read any new e-books. I started a non-fiction one called Sunday Sauce (when Italian-Americans Cook: Secret Italian recipes and Favorite dishes), but it's a bit hard for me to dive into so I'm not sure how long it will take me or if I'll get it read. But I haven't started any new fiction ones. 

Around the house: I feel like we've stalled again. My hubby has been ordering the hardware for our outlets and light switches, hopefully today or tomorrow he'll play around and decide if any will work. I just want those done. As I said earlier on part of my to do list was to start moving things over to the new part of the house. I'm thinking about things that I don't use on a daily basis. Then, when we are 100% read to use that area I will move the rest over. We had our concrete guy out to talk about when he'll pour concrete for the remaining porch. It's looking like mid-april, but we'll need to save up a bit more $$. I need to order some organizational things for the kitchen. 

From the Kitchen: I'm planning to make a sourdough chocolate cake for a friend at work this weekend and I'll bring it in on Monday. The peanut butter pound cake and wings were a hit for our youngest daughters birthday dinner, but I had looked at a recipe recommending tossing them with seasoned baking soda to make them crispier....ummm....that was a fail...apparently the baking soda creates a flavor that none of us really liked. Some pieces it wasn't noticeable but others it was. Won't do that again! Find recipe for cake and wings. This week on the menu I plan to do fajitas, teriyaki chicken with rice, corned beef and cabbage, and I'm not sure what else. If we were having coffee I might ask you for a few ideas. In the meantime, I'm looking on Pinterest. 

Favorite Quote: Last weeks theme for #WQW was based around our sense of Taste. I took the route of posting about recipes and food. Find the full post here. But here area a few quotes I loved. 



I love food, recipes, spending time in the kitchen. It's enjoyable for me when I really have time to savor the whole process, not just hurrying to get dinner on the table. 


What we've watched or listened to: I'd probably ask you what you've watched because I don't think I really watched anything unless you count videos on IG or Facebook. 

Favorite photo from the week:

On our local river, The Lewis River which feeds into the Columbia River, the smelt run beginning in March and for at least a few days up to a week or more, you can see and observe many bald eagles in all phases of their life as well as sea lions. I've gone down a few mornings before work to try and get a few photos. I don't have a mega zoom lens on my camera, so I can't get too close, but I managed to get a few photos. I haven't seen the sea lions yet. I need to remember next year to rent a larger lens or a teleconverter. 

Decorated my daughters room for her birthday. Sadly many of the helium filled balloons fell before she saw them, but I took video in case it happened. Ha! I just had to work and didn't have any other time to do it except the day before. 


Random Thoughts: I really enjoy visiting everyone's blogs and sharing some virtual "coffee" with you. I've been inspired, encouraged, enlightened. I need to remember to jot down some of the thoughts that I read so I can remember to share them here with you and promote you all. I always wish we could have real coffee. Maybe some of us would become IRL friends and maybe some of us would be better off being virtual friends. I know there are many I'd love to go sight seeing with, many I'd love to cook with and others I'd love to take photos with. Others maybe would be a workout buddy. Many of you have made me want to visit different cities, try new foods, read new books. Thank you all! I wish I had more time to dive deeper into everyone's blogs...maybe someday. 


Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hi Kirstin, thanks for sharing your table at the coffee shop today. I had a blast visiting with you - so much going on. Maybe next time we will solve the problems of the world. Until then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Suzanne. I'm hoping to get around to visiting everyone soon...Sometimes I'm a week behind..lol.

      Delete
  2. Kirstin, I'd love to see bald eagles in the wild and share a coffee with you IRL Thank you for linking up with #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie. I agree, I'd love to have coffee with you as well, and go for a bike ride through Toronto.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kirstin,
    I'm so envious. You get to walk and play along the Columbia River and all the nature that it attracts. I've only visited it a few times, twice we passed it up to drive up to Mt. St Helen to check out it's recovery. The whole area is magnificent.
    It does sound like the end is in sight on your remodel if you're getting down to switches and covers.
    It's so close now.
    Have a great week and stop by to check out my ongoing collection of 99-word stories. These things are proving to be lots of fun to create. The Carrot Ranch prompt for today reminded me of a funny story told to me by a peer painter while I was painting my way through college.
    https://garyawilsonstories.wordpress.com/free-pie-day-cr99-220314/
    fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably drove "over" our town then. Woodland is right on I-5. It is a beautiful area. I can't wait to read your latest!

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed reading this post and knowing how was the days for you. Glad to hear that it was a drama free week at work. Your daughter's room is beautifully decorated for her birthday.
    #weekendcoffeeshare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter's room is fantastic all decorated for her birthday. I did that once with my husband back when we were in high school (or maybe college?).. I filled his room with balloons while he was at work with the help of my younger sister and my husband's mother. A few popped on the way over and a few were on the floor by the time he got home from work but he still loved it. Those photos of the bald eagles are great. We see a few now and then on our lake but I have never gotten the chance to glimpse any seals/ sea lions in the wild. We're eating corned beef and cabbage this week too as well as chicken marsala with mashed potatoes, BLT sandwiches, quiche & salad.. and I'm not sure what else yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne! That's so awesome about doing that for your hubby. So funny. I love that we get to see the eagles so often. When we go to the beach there are a few spots that have a regular group of sea lions. So loud. Oh, your menus sound yummy. I love quiche, and BLT's. I don't know if I've ever made chicken marsala.

      Delete
  6. Love your pictures of the Lewis River! I remember fishing for salmon on that river in the early 90s when we lived in Vancouver. Such an incredibly beautiful part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet. How cool you lived here for awhile. Yes, salmon and steelhead is huge on the Lewis River. It is a beautiful place to live. I'm from further north, but my hubby grew up here and we moved here when we got married in 1992

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts