Favorite Peanut Butter Pound Cake Recipe


Peanut butter pound cake is a favorite in our house, especially between my youngest daughter and myself. It is her yearly birthday cake request. While others will vary their choices from year to year, she will choose the same thing. I just love peanut butter so I'm always happy to oblige. I don't even know where I found the original recipe. I originally posted it here as part of a photo story post for I heart faces but decided to revamp it. 


Peanut Butter (put on a few pounds) Pound Cake
(Printable Recipe)
1 c. butter, softened
2 c. sugar
1 c. light brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. peanut butter
5 eggs
(gettin scared yet?)
1 Tbs. vanilla
3 c. cake flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 c. whipping cream or whole milk
Frosting:
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. peanut butter
2 c. powdered sugar
3 tbs. milk
(might as well use the whipping cream with all the other stuff that's in this)

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add brown sugar and peanut butter; beat thoroughly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; stir in vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternating with whipping cream. Place in a greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Combine all frosting ingredients and frost cake. Consume!!

**Note: I have been making this in my Pampered Chef bundt pan and it works fine. However, it does take a little longer and I notice the edges get more done, than if it were in a larger pan. A smaller bundt pan may be too small because this does make a lot of batter.  


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts