#WeekendCoffeeShare........Come sit with Me

It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later. 

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about: 

The Weather: It seems redundant but it's been the usual, though a little bit warmer. The usual, if you're new here, is rain...I live in the PNW, SW border of Washington state. We did have a few dry days and it was a bit sunnier and warm which felt amazing even though I had to work. Today it says it should be 62...we'll see. Last Tuesday it was supposed to be 68 but didn't get there. The rest of the week says upper 50's and still over 50% chance of rain. 

What we're thinking about, learning or understanding: A gal I follow on Instagram, Natwilsonfitness, is going to be starting her own health and wellness challenge and I plan to participate starting April 1st. It's called A.S.P.I.R.E. The acronym stands for Attitude, Spiritual, Ingest, Rest, Exercise. It should be really good. I'll share more as I get more info. I need a kick in the hiney to get myself back on track in a few areas, and I really like her thoughts and approach to this. A few of the areas will be a challenge for me but I'm determined. 

I've also started my Duolingo back up. I've only done one day so far, but I'm determined to try to keep it going. I'm doing Spanish and Italian. 

I've been thinking about the upcoming #Sundaystills theme, which is Urban. I won't have time to get into the city to take photos so I will probably look through my archives. Last weeks theme was B/W and that was fun. You can check it out here. At some point I will remember to always keep my camera with me and make time to go out and intentionally photograph for these challenges. 

What we're thankful for: I am thankful that we live close to family. This is a given, but I thought about it more on Tuesday. Our oldest daughter (Kaitlynn) texted early in the morning saying her hubby and son were up all night with a stomach bug. She didn't want Pepper to get it and wondered if we could help out. My youngest daughter (Kristianna) got off work at 10:00 and went and picked up Pepper and brought her home. We kept her that day and overnight. It kept her from getting sick and gave mama a time to get some rest and her dad and brother time to feel better. I met my daughter at the Chiropractor yesterday late morning, we all got adjusted then she took Pepper home. If they still lived in Texas or a few hours away we wouldn't be able to do that. When our kids were little, our parents lived 2 1/2-3 hours away and for several years my in-laws were living in PA. In a sense, we were kind of on our own. Sure I had people I probably could've called, but when it's sickness, sometimes you don't want to risk other people getting sick so you just deal with it.I remember when other people had kids and their parents were close to help with things, I would think "I hope they know how fortunate they are". 

My daughter was very grateful. Pepper is getting more accustomed to being without mom and more comfortable here at our house...except sleeping is a bear! 

Also, thank you to those who take time to read and comment. It means a lot to me. 

What we're reading or wanting to read: I just finished the book Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey. It was a really good read. I have started an e-book called What Has Mother Done by Barbara Petty. Our book club is choosing our next read and it will be a memoir. The choices are: Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight by Alexander Fuller, Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, Crying in H mart by Michelle Zauner, and Night by Elie Wiesel. I voted for either Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight or Glass Castle. 
I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts about What's on Your Bookshelf. I can honestly say I haven't heard of 3/4 of the books mentioned, but several sound good and I've added them to my list of books I'm interested in. 



Have you heard of book darts? They are so awesome. I got some on Amazon and I love them. I also bought a friend this book journal for her birthday. It's pretty neat. 

I also read a few stories from our own Gary, and from Janet as well. They were great stories.

What we've watched or listened to: I've watched an episode of The Lost Kitchen on Magnolia Network. I also realized I've missed 3 episodes of the new season of When Calls the Heart on Hallmark so I watched an episode of that last night. Soccer is underway so watching weekly MLS games. There are a few podcasts I've wanted to listen to but I haven't taken the time. 

Around the house: We are still not fully in that other part of the house. I have, however, gotten used to being in our master bedroom and bathroom, though there are times I forget and almost go upstairs. Ha! I have ordered quite a few organizers for drawers and cabinets and I'm really liking those. I need to get a few more things and some drawer liners. My hubby is going to be a conference next week so the goal (since I won't have to make his lunches or breakfast smoothies and can kind of wing dinners) will be to move the entire kitchen over. Hopefully I can talk my youngest daughter into helping me. Looks like we'll be pouring concrete for our porch in April. Whoo hoo! We haven't heard of any of our bedroom furniture or the extra end table and console table being here. We did buy 4 simple bar stools and ordered 4 others, the other 4 won't be here til July. Geez. Everything is a waiting game. 

From the kitchen: I tried two new recipes this week. Keto Feta burgers with Tomato Cream sauce. I loved the flavor of them. I mixed ground beef and ground turkey together. I also made Slow Cooker Creamy Green Chicken Enchilada Soup. Another really good recipe. Saturday we are having some friends up to celebrate another friends birthday. We'll just be doing appetizers and dessert. My youngest is going to bake dessert. I'm not sure what she's going to make yet. 

Favorite Quote: Our theme this week from #WQW was spring equinox...Find the full post here




Favorite photo from the week:

Wow...I don't think I took any pictures this week. It was kind of crazy. I'll share this photo though because I'm excited about these items. I entered a giveaway last month and won it. It was from a company called S.A.L.T. Sisters. I was first introduced to them via my Shelfrighteous Book Box. We got a sample in one of our boxes and I was sold. The prize was a sample of their spices. I thought maybe a few, but this is what I got. I'm so excited to try them all. I shared more on my IG stories. 

I don't know what do with some of them, so this could be loots of fun! I can't wait to experiment.  
 


Randomness:  I get way too many emails so I've been trying to daily unsubscribe to them. I'll do a certain number a day depending on my time. Some I don't even know why I get and others I'm kind of sad to unsubscribe but the reality is, I don't take time to read them so they're just adding clutter. I feel like this could take me forever though. I have so many! Uggh! 

We are babysitting Pepper again tomorrow (Saturday) while her mom, dad and big brother go to Seattle to watch the Supercross races. They love the races. I forgot we're doing a birthday get together here for one of our friends but I think it will all work out fine. I'll have her here and then bring her home after the party and put her to bed. I figured I'd have her all ready for bed so if she fell asleep on the way home I could just easily transfer her to her crib. 



Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Congrats on your Salt Sisters spice win! Having close family nearby is great in so many ways, and especially when an emergency or illness occurs. Good luck with your health and wellness challenge. Thank you for linking up with #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie and thanks for visiting. Yes I'm hoping the wellness challenge goes well. I need to get back on track.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed the Glass Castle; did you know they made it into a movie? Crying in H Mart was really good too but mostly focused on Korean foods and while I learned so much I did find it a bit hard to relate to at times. I could not make it through Greenlights at all; I got the audiobook thinking I'd love hearing his voice but I just thought it was the most bizarre book ever and I was actually alarmed at how much he seemed to think his childhood was normal and that he teaches at a college... We loved having three sets of grandparents on hand to help out when our boys were young. I can actually walk to both my in-law's houses and my mom spends her summer at our campground now which is also just a short walk away. The other 3 seasons of the year she lives just 2 streets over from my son's school so she helps out with picking him up often. It's a godsend! And I really hope I can live near my boys when they have their families too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts on the books. I'm not sure which we'll pick yet, I think today is decision day. The greenlights was interesting to me mostly because I wanted to know more about the person he was. There were parts I was like "eh", but I picked up some little thoughts and quotes that I found interesting. Yes, I love being close to family. I wish I was closer to my extended family. They are in Ohio.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the virtual coffee. Hope you have a nice weekend Kirstin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link! I'm glad you enjoyed my story.

    The spice mixes look wonderful. What a great inspiration for making new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I did enjoy the story. I can't wait to try the spices.

      Delete
  5. Hi Kirstin - I envy you living close to your family. We're about 2 hours away from our adult kids and grandgirls. It's not too bad, but I do miss spontaneous visits and being more available to them. On the other hand, I like that we're autonomous and not too caught up in their lives - I've seen some of my friends give too much advice and support to their adult kids and it can become interference if you're not careful. Being able to babysit without too much notice must be great though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived that distance from my parents and eventually hubby's parents as well when our girls were little. It was doable but not as often as we would have liked. We saw them about once a month. either us going there or them coming down to visit. I agree...sometimes being close can be a crutch...I'm a "yes" person and I've gotten a lot better with my "no's", both with my daughter who lives 20 minutes away and my daughter who lives in our house still. I think since I work, I still need a bit more notice than last minute but I do enjoy being available more quickly than if I lived further away.

      Delete
  6. I'm finally getting around to weekend sharers - like you I try and visit as many as possible...even if it is a few days late. I love the wide variety of books people talk about on What's On Your Bookshelf - many of which I haven't heard of either, but I love how everyone has different tastes. Speaking of tastes...that enchilada soup...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the books. Sometimes I hesitate to recommend books because obviously what I like someone else may not. The soup was so good. I'm almost always a week late on my commenting but this week I got it done early. Whoo hoo.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a great week with many adventures. Congrats on winning this giveaway. The spices are well packed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kirstin, I'm late from last weekend but wanted to drop by for a quick "Hiya".
    In short, what could be more fun than a box of creative spices to experiment with? Also, I hope that stomach bug passes quickly. Who needs one of these with the days we're currently having? Stay healthy. Give Pepper a scratch for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, I'm always late to the comment party. Lol. But you showed up, haha. Thank you. I appreciate it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts