Weekend Coffee Share.....Come Sit with Me

It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try.

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about: 

The Weather: Well the PNW did it again. Thursday morning I woke up, and thought "hmmm someone must've left the porch lights on, it seems bright out there". I walked down the stairs, looked out the window and quietly said "what in the world! I was not expecting to see THAT!" What did I see? about 3/4" of snow on the ground. by early afternoon it was all melted. I made it work fine (in 4wd because we have a hill). I think it's supposed to stay dry but no more snow in the forecast.

What we're thinking about: We truly do not know what is going on in peoples' lives, or what has gone on in their lives to bring them to place or person they are today. The other day I was at work and a customer came in looking for a package that was delivered to us by UPS because for whatever reason it couldn't be delivered to their house. He was not happy. He had already come in last Friday looking for it, but we hadn't received it yet. They also don't deliver to us on Saturday, so he'd have to wait until Monday. Monday comes and he is fit to be tied. I was polite, got his package, but had to do a few things before I could release it to him I did this as quickly as possibly because he was getting angry and starting to get a bit "volatile" and honestly, I just wanted him out of there. I was kind. After he left, and helped the shocked customers behind him I thought "boy, something must really be going on in his life to make him irate over a package". It could be something recent, it could be a build up of past events, but it wasn't about me. It probably wasn't even about the package, and I was able to pause and not take it so personally. Do I want him to have a package delivered to my workplace again? No thanks, but if it is, I'll once again be kind. We just don't know, do we. 

What we're thankful for: Just thankful! Choosing to be grateful and thankful every day for everything. Sometimes we don't need to be thankful for anything in particular, but just "be" thankful, and "be" grateful. 

What we're reading or want to read: I finished the book Arsenic in the Azaleas. It was a cute, cozy, easy read. There's a series. Have I ever mentioned I'm a sucker for free e-books? I am. So much so, that I have more ebooks than I'll probably ever read. I love the site seemomclick.com, and a few others that may not be free but sometimes worth purchasing at a heavily reduced price. Because I have SO MANY BOOKS...I'm trying to push myself to get a bunch of them read and cleared off my kindle app. If they're super good, I'll keep them, but the reality is, once I read a fiction book, I probably won't read it again, so if it's a hard copy, I'll share it with others or donate it. If it's an ebook, I remove it from my tablet. I just scrolled through my books and chose my next one. I usually have to look up what they're about again because I've forgotten. I chose, The Inn at Ocean's Edge by Colleen Coble. I've read a lot of her books in the past so I'm looking forward to reading another one.

Also, our book club decided on reading The Party Crasher. I've started it. I'm not too far in, I haven't decided if I'm going to like it, but I'll give it a good chance. 

For the Goodreads 2022 reading challenge I chose 48 books. It's not quite march and I've read 12 books so far....so I'm wondering if I should up the number. 

Around the house: We are going tomorrow to pick up two chairs we bought for the new part of the house. I did label a few cabinets and have been looking at a few organizing things on Amazon for drawers. I really just need to start moving things over there because the reality is, I can start using everything but there's just a few small things I'd really like to see done before I do (mostly switch covers). So we'll see. I'm sure in the next few weeks it'll happen. 

From the kitchen:  My daughter and her friend who lives with us (I'll just call them the girls, how's that) made dinner on Tuesday night. I'm trying to get them to make dinner once a week. When my daughters were younger, they were very involved in sports and church and so they often didn't spend a lot of time in the kitchen with me. My youngest daughter jokes that she just needs to meet someone who loves cooking since she loves baking. He can do the cooking and she'll do the baking. Not a bad idea...if she can find that someone...anyone have a single 20 something, amazing son? Haha! Anyways...they made Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken over chickpea pasta. Yum. It's one of my favorite dishes and it's so easy.  Other than that it was a basic week. I often just rotate recipes weekly. Tonight I'll either make taco salad or salmon. I think salmon will win out since I have a lot of broccoli and asparagus I need to cook up. 

Favorite Quotes: This weeks theme for #WQW was Readers Choice or the chosen theme was Taste. I chose Taste. Here were a few of my faves, and you can find my full post here

I loved this quote. The focus isn't necessarily on forgetting the past itself, but the "bitterness" of it. Our past is part of who we are, but just like you can remove the bitterness from certain foods, I believe you can do things to remove the bitterness of the past.  


Oh, when I saw this, I laughed. It is completely and totally me. My playlists are so eclectic with everything from country to Disney movie songs. I just love music, and if it speaks to me, I add it to the list. 


What we've watched or listened to: I didn't watch or listen to much (other than music) this week, unless you count the myriad of dinosaur shows or kids worship videos I watched with my grandson. I was planning to listen to some podcasts, but just didn't get to it. I really have to listen to those when I am by myself, usually when I'm on a walk, a long drive, or if I'm doing work at the computer. There's a Portland Timbers soccer game Saturday so I will probably watch that. 

Favorite Photo (s) from the week: I mentioned last week that I was going to a paint and sip. Well, I did and it was so much fun. I was a little nervous, but my friend Tara and I actually did really well. It was so easy to want to keep trying to fix things or do something more and we kept reminding ourselves to "stop and just be done" because often by continuing to "do more" it really just made it worse. I also stopped trying to do it just like the instructor because that would frustrate me. Take my clouds for example. I could not do it like she was doing them. They just didn't look right so I decided I was going to go for wispy clouds and I loved how they turned out. 



A close up view of mine. I tried to find a picture of the instructors but I couldn't. I will totally go to one of these again. 

Random thoughts: I've been doing good getting back on track with exercising. I took my measurements at the end of January and plan to do them once a month. It helps me to see progress (or not) to help me know what I need to do differently. As much as I complain about exercising I love when I feel strong and healthier. I really need to get to the chiropractor. I can tell I really need it, but it's so hard to get in. We are having friends over on Sunday for dinner and games. I'm looking forward to it.  

Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. The weather seems to be a hot topic for virtual coffee this morning. Most people are reporting that same pattern of snow and melt. It is happening here too.

    This is my first year being active on Goodreads. I decided to take the challenge, but I am not as ambitions as you with 48 books. I picked 12, but I'm doing pretty good so I might adjust it. If you want to connect on Goodreads that would be great: https://www.goodreads.com/shari-marshall

    Thanks for the virtual coffee Kirstin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year I didn't choose very many and I didn't meet the goal at all. This year I decided to stretch myself a bit. I'd love to connect on there I'll go check you out.

      Delete
  2. Love the artwork and your thoughts on the guy picking up the package....I will try and have more kindness in my heart this week for those folk who test the limits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirstin, Love your kindness story and your creations in the kitchen and art. Keep up your good exercising and reading habits. Thank you for linking up with #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kirstin - loved your paint and sip efforts - it reminded me of the paint by numbers that I did a while ago - fun and good to have something that looks good at the end of it all. I also liked your quote about forgetting the bitterness of the past - it ties in well with a post that I started writing today about letting hurts from the past go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your paint by numbers. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts