Weekend Coffee Share....Come Sit with Me


It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try.

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about: 

First of all, I apologize for not making the rounds last week to comment. I just could not make it happen. For me personally, I'm not a fan of joining a link party, hoping people will come and comment, but not doing the same. I definitely missed catching up with everyone. But life happens and you just have to do what you can do. 

The weather: The weather has been beautiful, but cold the last week. I was so sad I had to work. I would have loved to have gone outside more, but it just doesn't seem to happen since there's just so much to do. 

What we're thinking about: We're taking a few trips this year. One to Ohio in August to see some of my family. I've booked a house on Kelley's Island and need to start looking into everything else. My hubby and I are celebrating our 30 year anniversary this October and we're going to plan a trip to the New England states. So I need to start looking for places to stay, things to do, etc. We're considering flying into one place, renting a car and driving around for 10 days. Anyone have suggestions. 

What we're thankful for: My grandkids have been sick the last week and I have watched them twice. I'm thankful for all the naturapathic/homeopathic options we have out there, that have worked on them and on me...there were a few times I thought I was starting to come down with something but have managed to avoid it. Thankful for a strong immune system. 

What we're reading or want to read: One book I just added to my reading list is "I'll be there...But I'll be wearing sweatpants" By Amy Weatherly. I started a book called Here in Hart's Crossing by Robin Lee Hatcher. It's 4 Novella's and they're a cute read. I'm trying to read more of my kindle books since I have waaaayy too many! Our physical book club has kind of taken a break so I'm taking advantage and reading other things. I finished the Eat, Pray, Die book and it was good enough. I don't think I'd buy the rest of the series, but if they came up free, I'd read another one I suppose, simply because you were left hanging.

Around the House: Second coat of paint is on the shiplap wall and I think in the next several days we can take everything off that is covering the floors and we should be ready to move things to that side very soon. 

My hubby and I went today (Saturday) to look at furniture. It's always so hard to decide on what both of us will like. We brought home a few counter height tables to see how we like them, or what style we want to go for. 

Waiting to hear from the gas fireplace people to come and hook up our fireplace. It's getting closer. 

From the kitchen: Not much new has come out of the kitchen this last week. Tonight I am going to try making Jackfruit tacos (have you ever had jackfruit? I haven't). It's the last day of the girls doing the Daniel fast. I'm making my grocery list and menu for the week. I'm thinking a few soups, I've been craving chicken and dumplings, and they've requested burgers and pizza. Ha! 

Okay, the Jackfruit tacos turned out really good! My guess is if no one knew it wasn't chicken, they wouldn't know.


Favorite quote: This week on our Writers Quote Wednesday, the theme was either our Word of the Year or writers choice. I went with the Word of the Year. My word is "Unfold(ing)". It helped to use this as my topic because I've been a little unsure of how this word was going to look. 



I also loved a thought Marsha shared that said "live into the intention and energy of that word".  That's what I intend to do this year. 

What we've watched or listened to: I listened to a great podcast by Just Ingredients called Everything you wanted to know about Inflammation with Dr. Josh Redd. It was really good. I haven't watched much else, though my family is watching the movie Cutting Edge. It's an older movie, but a fun one to watch. 

Favorite photo from the week


blowing kisses with this little one, and playing dominoes with big brother above. 


I got a fun surprise in the mail on Friday from my aunt. How fun are these! 


Random thoughts: Last Monday a college friend came up and had coffee at my house with me. It was a short visit since we both had to work. She goes back and forth between a nearby town and Boise, and we don't get to see each other very often, but managed to make time to get together.  It was nice to get together and visit. We have plans to do it again next month. 

My granddaughter turns one on February 9th, we are celebrating next Saturday the 5th. Mostly just family, and a few others like her babysitters, or people they're close to. We're doing a brunch. 


Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hi Kirstin - great to catch up on your news from the week and your grandkids are just so sweet. Nice that you can book a family holiday away - something none of us take for granted any more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirstin,
    I had to laugh. My wife and I got rid of two ancient couches a while back and while the room is much nicer, bigger without them, we need something to replace them, but we both hate trying to agree on something, so the open space remains -- and may continue to do so for some time.
    At least someone struggles with the same thing.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear you had a good week and are making holiday plans, something nice to look forward to. Your grandkids are adorable. Have a great week ahead. Thank you for linking up with #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I know. I probably wouldn't buy them if I had seen them, but because my aunt thought of me, and what they "mean", I love them and plan to wear them often. Though I discovered that when I wore them to work, my mask kept catching on them whenever I took it off.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts