#WQW......Theme: Word of the Year: Unfold(ing)




It's another week of  Writer's Quotes Wednesday, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQWWC here

This weeks theme is Writers choice, or Word of the Year. Also at the end of the post you'll find the new logo for our WQW challenge..since I started, I created my own main photo (I've done this with a few other challenges too, photos that reflected me as an individual), but I'll be including the new logo at the end of each post. It's cool looking. It was submitted by Bansi Lal Ketki. There were 4 photos to choose from, mine being one. It was fun to participate. I wasn't going to, but I'm trying to do things that are a bit uncomfortable so I went for it.

Which brings me to my word of the year for 2022 which is unfold(ing). Marsha shared this thought on her blog about a word of the year from modernmarried.com. 

"Word of the year. Choose one word. Live into the intention and energy of that word." 

Isn't that so good!

The word I chose this year was Unfold(ing). To be honest I haven't completely figured out what it will look like. Each year it seems that I choose my word in a different way. This year I happened to be scrolling through instagram and someone had a story that scrolled through words, and it said something like screenshot for your word...I happened to see the word "unfold" and it's meaning and it just struck a chord with me. 

Unfold (verb) = "to develop and become clear"

I thought, "wow, I really like that". Then I came across this song by Steven Curtis Chapman, Glorious Unfolding and some of the lyrics again stuck out to me.



 

 "Lay your head down tonight, 
take a rest from the fight.
Don't try to figure it out.
Just listen to what I'm whispering to your heart.

There's so much of the story that's still yet to unfold

And this is going to be a glorious unfolding
Just you wait and see and you will be amazed.

Other definitions of unfold: 

* expand, spread out, to reveal
* blossom
* develop, evolve





As I wrote this post, found these quotes, read the definitions, I realized that perhaps for me, this year, my word isn't going to be a planned out "doing", but more of an intentional "listening", "being", "seeing". I gained a bit more clarity. I'm 53 years old, and while I've come a long way in these years, I realize there is still so much more for me. Sometimes, in the mundane moments of life, I lose sight of this, and think with such a limited view of the future. 
With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Kirstin, you chose a great word. Your life is unfolding with surprises and opportunities around every corner. You are in the prime of life, where you have learned much and are at the top of your game. It will be fun to watch how it unfolds this year. You should share your word on the link party and read some of the other people who have shared. It's really fun. :) Here's one of the links. https://www.womenlivingwellafter50.com.au/category/be/2022wotylinkparty/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...somehow I never commented on this post. Weird. I went back to it because I was thinking of doing an update post.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a very interesting word. It will be interesting to see how it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby. I just realized I never replied to the comments on this post. How weird.

      Delete
  3. I like that WOTY for you, Kirstin! It suits you and like Marsha said, it will be fun to see how it unfolds over the years! I launch mine tomorrow morning on Sunday Stills, and it's not element ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. I realized I never replied to comments on this post. I was thinking of doing an update and went back to see what I had written.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts