Weekend Coffee Share....Come Sit with Me
It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try.
If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about:
The weather: Lots and lots of rain. Supposedly record numbers of rain. That's all..just rain in the forecast. Monday was neat though with some wind gusts that made the leaves falling from the trees look beautiful. There is some flooding because of all the rain we've gotten in the last few days.
What we're thinking about: I am always thinking of my dad (who passed away in July for those who don't remember), and family, and dysfunction. It's so sad sometimes, isn't it, the things that keep family's separated. The things that are kept from others. BUT even with those lingering thoughts, I often think of the great conversations we had and how much he loved his grandkids and great grandkids and I'm so thankful for the extended family of aunts and cousins who stay close.
I've also been thinking about the holidays. I'm looking forward to decorating (right now I am, this morning I wasn't really feeling it, but I really love Christmas and decorating so I'll get there, haha).
We're not hosting any Thanksgiving meals here so I think I'll decorate early, then I can enjoy the season even longer.
Also thinking about my to do list for the weekend, which includes errands and some tasks at home I want to tackle, also a birthday celebration for my oldest daughter on Sunday, but I'm also going to take time to visit some cute upcycle boutique shops that are having a holiday event.
What we're thankful for:
What we're reading: I'm about halfway through the book "Under the Light of the Italian Moon:" It's really interesting because it is inspired by a true story. I'm also about halfway through the book "Bookshop of Yesterdays", I'm really enjoying that one as well. Our book club decided to read Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah. That should be here next week so I'm trying to get the current ones finished.
Around the home: Well, we've decided on the tile backsplash. We decided on simple. We have narrowed down the carpet choices, and I think we'll make the final decision this weekend. Trim is being stained and probably will be ready to install soon. We also have all the plumbing fixtures. I'm so excited to have them installed. They're beautiful. Our propane tank should be coming on November 18th, and our appliances should be set on December 6th. Then the plumbers will come and hook things up.
From the Kitchen: I tried a couple new recipes that were huge hits, of course I have no photos to share. I need to make them again, photograph and post. One was this Thai Peanut Noodles. The other was a chicken gnocchi soup. I tweaked a recipe a friend gave me to chicken and dumpling soup, and I was so pleased with the result and will definitely make it again. Since my work schedule has me working later in the afternoon, I've been liking more simpler, quick recipes, or ones I can use my crockpot or instant pot for. I was going to make spaghetti squash with a vodka sauce (no vodka even in it) but it didn't happen.
This weekend we will celebrate my daughters birthday and we are going to do a charcuterie board, and I'm making a dessert she sent me. I'm hoping it turns out. I'll let you know.
Favorite Quote: I collected this quote for my Writers Quote Wednesday Writing Challenge, you can see more Quotes I shared here.
Favorite photo of the week: I love this photo of my granddaughter last weekend when we were at a local cafe. She's pretty darn cute.
What we've listened to or watched: I started watching Stanley Tucci's Searching for Italy. It's so good. Being half Italian I've always been fascinated with the country and culture. My dads side of the family is Slavic but they weren't very close so I feel like that culture was never embraced or talked about. I didn't listen to any podcasts this last week.
Randomness: Last Saturday I got to spend time with both my girls (and Pepper). We went to a neighboring city that is filled with cute upcycle shops and they were hosting a holiday event. We enjoyed browsing, and then stopped for some lunch at a local cafe/coffee shop. It made my mama heart happy.
I've also been participating in a few other linky parties which I enjoy. Wednesday Hodgepodge, Tuesday 4, 10 on the 10th, Sunday Stills. There are a few others I'd love to join, but I just don't have the time with my regular job and then my online work, not to mention things around the house, maybe someday.
Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare
With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin





Lovely photos, Kirstin. Your granddaughter is adorable. Happy birthday weekend to your daughter! I hope you all have a fabulous time. Thank you for your #weekendcoffeeshare.
ReplyDeleteThank you natalie. We had a great time celebrating my daughter.
DeleteSorry to hear about your dad. Your granddaughter is adorable - love that cute smile. That is a great quote. My mom’s favorite was “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” By Soren Kierkegaard.
ReplyDeleteThank you Tena. I like the quote you shared...that is good food for thought.
DeleteGreat post of the little one, and loved the fog quote! Thanks for coffee
ReplyDeleteThank you Alex. I'm heading to visit everyone elses posts soon. Can't wait to see what everyone is up to.
DeleteHow absolutely lovely to spend time with your girls and that delightful granddaughter! You all look so happy - nothing beats time with family. I loved the fog quote too - I'm very much about shades of grey these days.
ReplyDelete