Taking in Life Around Me.....#SundayStills...Theme: Fur and Feathers

This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terrie from Second Wind LeisureI've also been loving visiting the blogs of the other participants and being inspired by their interpretations of the theme.

I'm going to have to dig deep into the archives for this theme because I don't have any pets and haven't taken a photo of something with feathers in awhile. Oh, and I don't believe I own anything else in my home with fur on it, you know, pillows, clothing, or feathers, like a feather boa or a feather duster. haha. Let's see what I can come up with. I am bound and determined that for one of these theme days I will take all new photos. 

My daughter's chocolate lab when she was just a pup. 
Blitz the cat! He disappeared though at the beginning of the year and hasn't come home. He was a good cat. 
Cute family of geese at our nature preserve. I need to get back there. 
This family of cranes lived in the swampy grass behind my aunts house in Florida. They were almost tame, coming up into the yard (of course my aunt and uncle fed them), and they'd hang out while we hung out in the yard. 

The "fern" looking feathers on this giant peacock at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Fab furs and feathers, Kirstin! Sad about your kitty disappearing--I would have a lot of sleepless nights wondering! Love the cute cranes and how tame they are. Your daughter's chocolate lab is precious--same color as Aero. Thanks for posting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I was sad when he disappeared. He was more of a "barn cat", but we got attached.

      Delete
  2. Great pics. Love the one of your daughter's Labrador and her stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, such great photos, especially the one of the peacock. Have a fantastic new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful photos!! So glad you shared them. To answer your question, Tuesday 4 failed to post twice but it is up now for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie! I just saw it up...so excited.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful fur and feather pictures! What a gorgeous dog! Such a pretty kitty, sorry he disappeared. Love the crane pictures too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! you ended up with some terrific photos in your gallery

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts