Tuesday 4....Theme: November is here
1. Besides Thanksgiving is there anything about November you like/dislike?I love the colors of the trees before they go completely bare. I do NOT like all the rain we get in the PNW. My oldest daughter has a birthday in November so I love celebrating her, and I love (or did love, before the C-word) going to Christmas bazaars.
2. How is November weather where you live? November where I live is almost always very wet! Maybe a few sunny days here and there but they are rare, and the weather is fairly chilly, though this last week we had a few nicer days in between the wet and windy ones. Does it suit you? This is a trick question right? Because while I love where I live, I do NOT love the rain, but accept it since, that is ultimately what helps our state stay so pretty and green. I will say that when we have nice days, they are beautiful.
3. When do you plan for Thanksgiving? Usually a week or two before.Eat home or out? My mother in law has hosted for as long as they have been back locally which has been over 20 years. I usually bring some appetizers and side dishes. Menu? We keep it pretty traditional with turkey, potatoes, gravy, then I make a from scratch green bean casserole that is usually a huge hit. We'll have a variety of desserts.
4. When do you begin your decor and plans for Christmas. It "officially" begins after Thanksgiving and the Macy's Parade when Santa arrives at the end. I've always loved getting my tree the weekend after thanksgiving. Now it usually depends on everyones work schedules. I'd love to decorate even earlier. My hubby is trying to talk us into getting a fake tree this year. I see his point, but am still fighting it a bit. Haha! The decision has been made that this year we will get a real one, but next year we will get an artificial one. We will technically have two spaces so my youngest said we can have fake in one side and real in the other side. Lol. We did pull our decor bins down and will probably start decorating early and save tree for the last.




I live north of you over the Canadian border so I know what you mean about wet weather. I find it never used to bother me but now with health challenges it is just too cold for me over the wet season. I try to bear it as best I can and you are right that we benefit from greenery due to our heavy rains. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you will enjoy your real tree for the last year you will have one. I switched to artificial for a number of reasons and now I have one that comes pre-lit. I love it!
ReplyDeleteOh fun. I hope we get to visit Canada again. We were just on Orcas island in August and on clear nights or days, you could see canada.
DeleteThe PNW in USA and Canada is simply spectacular :-)
DeleteYes they certainly are!!!
DeleteI put fake trees in every room and we will start this weekend. It does not get very cold here in So Calif. I would love to see more fall trees, but there are just some here and there in this city. Your green bean casserole looks good!
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting Susan. I have little fake trees and I'll probably start setting up most things except the big tree. The casserole is so good. Even haters have liked it.
Delete