Tuesday 4......Thanksgiving

 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4...

It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea

Thanksgiving is the subject.

1. What are you most thankful for this year? I'm thankful for peace in the midst of chaos, hope in the midst of loss, health despite little hiccups that sometimes get in the way of my fitness and for family and friends who love unconditionally. 

2.Company or just immediate family? We always go down to my in-laws for TG dinner (well, any holiday main meal), and my MIL is always inviting anyone who doesn't have a place to go. This year we'll have 4 extras along with our own family and my two nephews. It's always been that way, and if there's ever a holiday where it is just family, we think it seems weird. 

3 Cooking or catering? Home or eating out? Always cooking a home cooked meal and I avoid eating out during holidays at all costs...it's too chaotic. I feel like I'd be much happier just sitting home and having pizza then trying to get reservations at a restaurant. We all enjoy cooking, so we've never considered any other option. I always make this from scratch green bean casserole that is always a hit, and sometimes rolls. 

4. What's for dessert? My mother in law always makes her date nut pudding. Which is basically a date and walnut cake that is cut up and mixed with whipped topping. So yummy! I'm not sure what else we will have this year. Sometimes my nephews fiance brings a pumpkin roll. I might try and find a good dairy free dessert since both my grandbabies have an intolerance to it. One year I made a pumpkin roll with pumpkin ice cream in the middle...oh so good. 

I love this song by Ben Rector that he put out in 2020



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Sounds like a yummy Thanksgiving day, especially with family and friends. I usually have a large crowd here with family and extras like your MIL does, but not this year. It will just be our immediate family of 5. My DIL is cooking the turkey and cooking the green beans and an apple pie. I'll do the sweet potato casserole, stuffing, pumpkin pie and jello. The main thing is to just be thankful for whatever we have. God is good! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a yummy meal at your house too. Enjoy your day.

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading your answers. I hope your day was as awesome as it sounds. That dessert sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts