Wednesday Hodgepodge.....What is old anyways?
2. A place you've been that's old? Tell us something about your visit there. Italy and Switzerland! Wow! It was amazing traveling here and observing all the history and old buildings..especially the churches and the one castle we went in. So amazing. I'll share a few photos below. On the blog home page is a section titled Trips, at the top. You'll find several posts from Europe and you can check out more photos on my FB page.
4. In what way are you a 'chip off the old block'? Or if you'd rather, in what way is your child a 'chip off the old block'? I'm a lot like my mom. She passed away 17 years ago, but we have always had similar interests, personalities, resemble each other. I feel like in ways, my girls are like me, and sometimes like their dad, though both very individual. One is very laid back (me), the other is very compassionate (me). Of course, neither likes to cook or read as much as I do...haha!
5. Old fashioned, Old Testament, old timer, same old same old, old glory, good old boy, old wives tale...choose an 'old' phrase that relates to something in your life or the wider world currently and explain. Oh boy....I'm really not sure. I suppose old fashioned. In many ways I enjoy technology and learning new things, and I'm trying to have an open mind to newer ideas, but there are just some things I feel old fashioned about. I also love traditions and sometimes I think people feel those can be old fashioned. I like Old things...antiques, loved and used things.
6. Insert your own random thought here: Still been nursing my sore back. It's about 97% better but just not quite perfect yet. So frustrating. This year has been a frustrating one for me in regards to my hormones, my cycle, my weight, little things that have caused me to have to pause exercise for periods of time which has affected weight. Not outrageously but I've been doing so good and this frustrates me.





.jpeg)
I so enjoyed your answers and especially your photos. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you Cathy, and thank you for visiting.
DeleteMy hubs has had some recent (but not new) issues with his back and it's no fun. I hope yours is feeling 100% very soon. So much old beauty in Europe...I need a return trip but wonder when I'll feel like international is worth the hassle given the state of the world. Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteI agree, I want to go back tooo. So amazing. I'd love to travel the East Coast as well. My hubby was there a few years ago and shared some video and photos...so much history.
DeleteLove your photos of Switzerland. My cousin, Brittany, lives in Switzerland - and I get to see so much of the scenery in her Instagram pictures. Was a little shocked when she decided to skydive!!! But the pictures were magnificent. Hope your back gets better soon, back pain is no joke.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting...I'd love to visit switzerland again. we'll see if that happens. I could not sky dive. I don't do heights.
DeleteGreat photos! And yes, I didn't think about "the good old days" in that way but I often do think about when my kids were littler and needed me all the time. They definitely don't as much now and it kind of makes me sad.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting. I need to visit everyone.
DeleteYour photos of Italy and Switzerland are beautiful
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteKirstin,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your responses. When I hit 50 I thought, WOW how can this be? Now, that I'm a within months of saying goodbye to this decade I'm stunned how fast the years have zipped by. I mean, 60 isn't that old? Well, I used to think that but after I turned 30 I found that I kept pushing 'old age' off 10 or 20 years. Age is but a number. Feeling old or young is a mindset. The best thing we can do is kept that fountain of youth alive in our spirit and it helps by doing the things we love. I understand all about the hormone changes and weight gain. I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago next month. The doctor left one ovary. It took several years before my hormone production declined enough to see the weight gain significantly. I began taking oral HRT which helped some, then years later I migrated to bio-identical HRT pellets. This type of therapy has been the biggest help. I'm beginning to question if I need to continue, though. I've read after several years or beyond 60 it might be a good idea to discontinue. I'm going to ask my doctor. Your photos of Switzerland and Italy are lovely. We probably will never be able to afford trips abroad so it's always fun to see where others travel. Thanks for dropping by my place and it was nice to get to know you a little better by reading your answers to this week's hodgepodge questions. Have a terrific day!
Thanks for visiting Cathy...I totally agree about the age thing...I think keeping that youthful spirit alive is HUGE. I did bio-identical for awhile but when I had to stop my insurance I couldn't afford it, now I use herbal supplements. I love living vicariously through other peoples trips and travels and where they live. On FB the mother of one of my friends is in france on a walking trek...so fun to see. Another friend just visited the midwest area and I loved seeing his photos. THat trip we took was fun, we saved for awhile to do it and I'm glad we did. I did several posts on it.
DeleteLiving in Europe I have a lot of old stuff here ! I fully agree with you the birth date doesn't mean anything ! I noticed that I have friends a little older than my son or then 5 or 6 years older in their 80th ! but we are all in good shape and love to enjoy life !
ReplyDeleteI feel like it's important to have friends of all ages. Everyone has something to offer. I was born in England, my dad was in the air force and stationed there. I'd love to travel to Italy again, we'll see. My daughter is hoping to travel again to Switzerland in a year or so.
DeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteI also let my hair go natural.. to silver. And goodness, did I get the comments, just as you shared, "how can you do this, you will look so old."
I enjoyed reading your post and photos.
Carla
THank you Carla. 98% of the time I love my hair...other times it's a struggle.
DeleteTrue, you hair color shouldn't make you look old. I haven't changed mine yet, I have gray hairs but not a lot. I take after my grandmother who didn't have a lot either. So I still get some highlights in my dull brown hair and the gray's just blend in. I love your photos. I find the really old places are not here in the states. I was thinking H.S. too although that is probably when things started to change. I love antiques too. Those that belonged to family members. I hope you feel better soon. Take care.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting. I appreciate it. Yah, I feel like unless you go to the east coast, you don't truly see "old" as far as buildings, etc.
DeleteLove the beautiful photos from your travels. I was happy to go natural several years back. I have a niece who is totally silver at 21 and stopped covering it in her 30's. I enjoyed reading your answers. I hope your back gets to 100% soon!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! And thank you for visiting.
Delete