Summer 2021 SPSH (Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt)....First Link Up


One of my goals recently has been to take more photos...whether with. my big girl camera or my phone. I've also been wanting to blog more, my way of journaling life and maybe creating something that my kids, grandkids and others might enjoy reading someday. Photo and writing challenges have been a great way for me to do this. 

I found a new challenge hosted by Patio Postcards. A seasonal scavenger hunt, and right now it's Summer. I missed the original first link up but decided to post it anyways. 

There is a list of 20 photo prompts to take from July-September. I keep forgetting to check the list when I'm out and about...this has been the struggle for me, but I'm determined. The interesting thing with linking a few times before the end is "what if I find and take another photo I like better for a prompt. Lol"

#3) Something that represents home but not the building. I made homemade biscuits awhile back for strawberry shortcake. Cooking and baking represent home for me. I think one of the ways I show my love for people is cooking and baking for them. 



#6) Something that makes you laugh or happy. Definitely these two. My grandson Indiana and his sissy Pepper. They always make me laugh and bring so much joy to our lives. 



#10) The deliver Van/Truck Making the deliveries. This is where I work, a postal annex. I see the UPS, USPS, Fed EX, On Trac and Amazon drivers every day when they make their deliveries and also their "pickups". They're the best. I made homemade twix bars the other day to share with them. 


#16) A guilty pleasure; Something that recharges you. When I have my coffee and my essential oil diffuser going, add in there a book and it would be complete. Those recharge me. There are other things too but this definitely helps on a daily basis. 


See you all on the 9th of August for the next check in. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Kirstin thanks so much for joining in with the SPSH - you are off to a great start. Your biscuits for strawberry shortcake look so yummy! Your Grandkids are adorable. ... Mary-Lou @ Patio Postcards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm excited. Just made rounds to visit everyone else. Got some inspiration for some that I wasn't quite sure where to go with it.

      Delete
  2. Great start! Your grandchildren are adorable. (Mine will surely show up at some point in this scavenger hunt!) I'm with you on being recharged with a cup of coffee and a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, and thanks for visiting. I love these two so much. Yay on coffee and a book.

      Delete
  3. Those are all very good photos for the prompts! Your grandchildren are cute and I'm sure they make you happy! Your biscuits look delicious! Thank you for visiting my post and leaving a comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely make me happy. The biscuits were from Joanna Gaines Magnolia Table cookbook. I always try to visit everyone or as many as I'm able when I join linky parties or challenges. Sometimes it takes me awhile but I hate making anyone feel left out. Lol.

      Delete
  4. Aww. Your grandkids are adorable. Look at Pepper's smile. :)

    I too forget to check the list of prompts, so I keep a print out in my handbag. Then I forget it is there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHe's got a great smile, she can be so serious too sometimes it's hilarious. I've thought of keeping a list in my purse as well.

      Delete
  5. A lovely start - those biscuits look scrummy and the grandchildren so cute!
    All the best :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!