Currently.....eating, feeling, going, ordering, and realizing....July Edition

I happened to stumble upon this fun linky party awhile back via a few other blogs I read. It sounded fun. Hosted by Anne from In Residence blog.  This fun party happens at the beginning of each month and highlights various things we are currently doing. 

Currently........


Eating: It's summer, and I've been into keeping things simple and easy. It's also summer and I LOVE all the summer foods...corn on the cob, burgers and dogs (hot dogs that is), BUT we eat those pretty sparingly. I also am waiting for the Hermiston watermelons to hit the stands. From Hermiston, Oregon they are the BEST. I'm sure homemade ice cream will make it's appearance sometime this summer, as will S'mores in our fire pit. We had some record breaking hot days last week, and we enjoyed some shrimp tacos, big old salads with chicken, and lots of other chopped goodies on top. So much, that they're both on the menu for this week. Along with salmon with cous cous and asparagus. I am splurging and trying my hand at making some homemade Twix Bars (probably will have them made by the time this posts), and sourdough bread. I have a starter and have made it several times, but everyone eats it so fast, I don't always have enough time to make it. 

Feeling: Happy in general. But I'm also feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to make decisions about granite countertops and tile for our bathroom. It's a struggle. I'm close to just telling hubby and our designer "you guys just pick. I'll go with it". In fact, I think I told them that last week. I'm also feeling excited to get that part of our house done...It will have a kitchen, sitting area, master bedroom/bathroom and office. If you want to know more, you can search home building and read some past posts of this journey. I'm feeling inspired. Do you ever go somewhere and it sparks something in you that reminds you of what you love to do, etc. Sometimes I feel that way after I've been at a friends house, I leave inspired to try something new, to remember what I enjoy, etc. 

Going: Sometimes I feel like I'm going 100 miles and hour and sometimes I feel like I'm not accomplishing much. We've also been going to granite showrooms the last month trying to pick out granite for our kitchen and bathroom counters. It's so hard to decide, as I wrote above under "feeling". Next month my hubby and I are going to the San Juan Islands, and staying in an air bnb on Orcas Island. I'm excited. I've always wanted to go there so I'm already looking at what things we can do and see. 

Ordering: I'm not ordering much. I did just order my new book club book "The Last Thing He Told Me". Supplements are always being ordered. I ordered my grandson his birthday presents. He's turning 3 next week. A few weeks ago I put in an Arbonne order. I love their products. We are pretty budget conscious so ordering anything is mostly necessity though sometimes it's easy to get carried away with amazon...lol. I do order free kindle books when I find one I like. I know I have more than I'll ever read. 

Realizing: How fast time can go by and how important it is to live in the moment, to take moments to pause, to be present, with myself, with others, with God, Jesus and Holy Spirit. I'm realizing the importance of keeping my body healthy as it ages (I'm turning 53 this December), enjoying all food but eating healthy, exercising even though I don't really enjoy it, taking supplements, taking care of all aspects of my health, because if we go into the second half of life with an attitude of "I don't care", it just goes downhill. That is sad. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I've heard good things about The Last Thing He Told Me!

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's really good. I think I'll enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. All of your summer eating sounds amazing - I love how summer produce and outdoor cooking mean that keeping it simple & easy is also super delicious. We've been making use of our fire pit for the occasional hot dog and s'more too. Not as often as my 7 year old would like though ;-)

    Thanks so much for joining in the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to catch up with you. Need to make some shrimp tacos and s'mores 'round here real soon. Have corn in the frig and we just finished up a delicious watermelon. Summer food!!

    Have you started "The Last Thing He Told Me"? Have heard so many good things about it. So many good books and I get so sleepy when I read. Helps me to listen to books while I drive.

    I am trying to stay ahead of the ageing game. Not that I can turn back the hands of time but trying to do some preventative stuff and up my exercise routine. Every day is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie. I'm about 30 pages into the book and so far I'm liking it. I could probably listen to audio books while driving or walking by myself. I turn 53 this year, and I just want to do all I can to stay as healthy and fit as I can for as long as I can.

      Delete
  4. We hope to do a big renovation in the next couple of years and I'm already feeling a little overwhelmed with all the potential decision making. Yikes! I wish you renewed strength as you finish off your current decision making processes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're sure a lot of work...sheesh. Thank you for visiting and your kind words.

      Delete
  5. Glad you joined the link-up!! I enjoy it each month! All the best with the home improvement decisions. Ah, they can be ovewhelming!! Have a great July!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, they can definitely be overwhelming.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!