Hodgepodge Questions...June 23rd
2. Is your life currently more 'moonlight and roses' or a little more 'every rose has it's thorn'? Elaborate.
I'm going with moonlight and roses because while yes the latter is true as well, I like to look at the positives in situations rather than the negatives. I always call myself an optimistic realist. Yes, I don't like the dark, but the moon and stars sure are pretty. Yep, that rose has a thorny stem, but it's beautiful and if I want I can pull those thorns off.
3. June 23rd is National Pink Day...favorite thing you own in any shade of pink? Favorite thing found in nature in any shade of pink? Your favorite pink food or beverage? Your favorite shade of pink?
Pink is NOT my favorite color in general. I don't wear it much, I don't decorate with it much. Favorite thing I own that's pink is probably pink nail strips. Flowers are my favorite thing in nature that is pink!!! Or a tropical bird at the zoo. My favorite pink food or beverage? Strawberry lemonade..I can't even think of a pink food...lol. My favorite shade of pink would depend on what it was..clothing, lighter pink, flowers, every shade.
4. Last thing that had you 'tickled pink'?
Other than obvious things, I would say when I got my book The Sweetness of Doing Nothing by Sophie Minchilli. I ordered it on Amazon but it had to come from Europe so I actually had to wait...lol and my book box by Shelfrighteous books.
5. What are two or three words that describe your style.
I would say Casual and laid back...that's how I like to dress (i'm most comfy in clothes that are relaxed but cute...jeans, shorts, tees, tanks, comfy dresses, flats and sandals, and my personality (it takes a lot to get me worked up, I like small talk, and doing things that are fun and casual...I'm not as comfortable in fancy situations). If I was describing my home decorating style, I'd say farmhouse, vintage, cottage...a hodgepodge of styles really because there's so much I like.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I have a lot to do and almost didn't post this. I babysat this morning, still have online work to do and need to drop a car off at the mechanics. Yikes.
Our house addition is moving along and that's exciting.
Our temps this week are going to be crazy hot..hitting the 100's by the weekend (NOT normal for our area of Washington State).
I signed up for a photography meet up this Saturday but it might be rescheduled because of the heat and the lack of sign ups. I'm bummed because this is so out of my comfort zone but I signed up anyways.
Have a great week everyone.






.jpeg)
You're from Washington! I grew up in Portland, moved around a lot, ended up in SoCal. Now I live in Ohio. Getting used to all the heat.
ReplyDeleteI love flamingos too. They're such funny birds.
Yes. We actually moved here from Northern Ohio when I was in 4th grade. I grew up east of Seattle. Now I live in SW Washington about 30 miles north of Portland. I have a lot of family who still live in Ohio and we are planning a trip there next August. They live in Marblehead and on Kellys Island. Orginally all are from Lorain.
DeleteMy daughter lived in the Tacoma area for several years. The weather wasn't her favorite : ) Except in summertime! She loved summers there. We've had the most beautiful weather this week. Normally the humidity hits you like a wall first thing in the morning, but we've had low humidity and it's been wonderful. I hope your photographapy meet up happens.
ReplyDeleteI'm thankful that we don't have nasty humidity. The photography. meetup is being rescheduled. I'm bummed, but I don't think I'd enjoy the heat so it's fine.
Delete