Weekend Coffee Share...Just life



Well hello, come in and join me for a cup of coffee, or tea. This last week has been very nice, but the rain is coming and the temps have dropped. So sad. But that's the Northwest for you. 

How was your Easter? Ours was good. We were with my inlaws and two nephews, one nephews fiance and little baby (their baby and my new granddaughter are two weeks apart. They actually were supposed to be a day apart but he decided to come early). It was a nice day. We ate ham, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole and rolls. Cheesecake for dessert. Afterwards we played some games. We love to play games when we get together. It gets pretty loud and competitive. How about you? Do you enjoy games? What are some of your favorites? We usually play card games. Hand and Foot is a favorite, as well as Skip-bo, Dutch Blitz, Pit, and we learned a new one, called Yaniv that is also pretty fun. Board games, we love Rummikub, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride and a few others. I always love looking for a new game. On Easter we just played Hand and Foot and Yaniv.

If we were enjoying something to drink I'd tell you that this week I didn't do so well visiting everyone's blogs like I normally do. I honestly try to visit each entry because I know what it's like to create a blog post and have no one read it. But this week I've been trying to push through some peri-menopause symptoms that have me experiencing low energy, feeling blah and more that I'll spare you the details, but if you're a woman who has already gone through this, please tell me it gets better. Ha! 

I haven't done much outside of work and the usual stuff at home just because I haven't felt all that great. I did make some 2 ingredient bagels that are always yummy. I also finished the book I was reading for my book club, The Bookish Life of Nina Hill. It was a fun, light read. I had to scramble to read it because when I realized we were going to be gone when they were planning the get together to discuss it, I didn't pick it up much, but then the date changed so I had to hurry to get it read. I can't wait till we pick the next one. In the meantime I'm going to try and work on the other two books I've had going and maybe read more in the Brene Brown book "Daring Greatly". The other two books are Green Lights and Everything is Spiritual. Do you belong to a book club? What are your favorite books, fiction or non fiction?

I don't have a whole lot planned for the weekend. I'd like to go visit a few vintage/antique shops, go to my book club meeting and if it's nice, get in a walk or two. I may also decide what I want to plant in my containers this year for a garden. I always do tomatoes, and usually things that tend to be more expensive in the store when I buy them organic, like cucumbers, zucchini, etc, I may try peppers but those don't always work here in the NW, at least I haven't had much luck with them. I like planting salad mixes, spinach, kale, beets, radishes. Some day I'd love to have a raised bed garden, but we're trying to get our house finished. Do you garden? What do you like to plant? What are your plans for the weekend? 

Well, it's only 7:15 on Thursday night but I'm wiped out and could fall asleep now, so I'll leave it at this for now. Hopefully I'll have more energy next week. 

Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare

With Joy Unquenchable,

Kirstin

Comments

  1. My family loves to play games at holiday gatherings. We usually play "Celebrity". It is very loud and competitive, but lots of fun. The last time we played was Thanksgiving 2019. I will have to look up Hand and Foot. I have never heard of that one before. I fell asleep at 7:15 on Thursday too. Had to wake up to go to bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Too funny "had to wake up to go to bed!" Some days are like that right? Hand and foot is a lot of fun. there are a variety of rules but the main ideas are the same.
      I'll have to look up celebrity.

      Delete
  2. Kirstin, Your family Easter sounds wonderful. The bagels look so good. Thank you for your recipe. I plan to plant a small herb garden this year with herbs that I use often like basil. I don't need a lot of them and don't want a big project either. We're still in lockdown here so my days are nice and quiet. I go outside to exercise or buy groceries then go home. #WeekendCoffeeShare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love planting fresh herbs too. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Kirstin - Thank you for sharing your Easter with us. It looks wonderful. Like many people, for the second year in a row, my husband and I had a 'Virtual Easter' with our family and friends. Hopefully, next Easter will be In Real Life....with lots and lots of hugging!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEs....hopefully next year you are able to.

      Delete
  4. We have a book club at work, and rather than pick a specific book, we pick a theme eg a book by an author whose name begins with a letter of the alphabet, or this month it is a book that has one a prize. It gives lots of scope and you find all sorts of interesting books that way too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so interesting. Do you each pick your own book within the theme, or one book to read within that theme. That sounds like a fun way to do it. I'll have to mention it to the gal who coordinates it.

      Delete
    2. Hi Kirstin, this is my first visit to your blog. Thank you for sharing your Easter and Easter dinner. We are not much about games, but we will be going on an in-state vacation soon and I plan to pack a few games. I got a version of Ticket to Ride that is still in the bag and we occasionally play cribbage, which I love, but not a lot of board games. My husband and I met at a friends house over dinner and Uno. I did bake a home and made scalloped potatoes for Easter. I couldn't decide on another vegetable to go with so I ended with an orange instead of a second vegetable. I am a retired UM Pastor, but still serving so glad to not have company or have to be company when Holy Week is done, just my jeans and comfy shoes and a nap while dinner bakes. I too can appreciate being tired enough to fall asleep at 7:15 p.m. I have taken naps that late then gotten up and been productive. Naps are a gift. Blessings, Michele

      Delete
    3. Haha....I thought maybe you meant baked at home..lol. I bought cribbage for my hubby and I to try because he used to play with friends, but we've yet to re-learn it. Thank you so much for visiting Michele.

      Delete
  5. I'm in a bookclub for the first time ever. We're only reading (or rereading) the classics and are making our way through the Brontes. I'm really loving it. Here's to a fabulous week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. I haven't read many classics except when I was in school. Have a great week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts