Two Ingredient Bagels





I know, I know.....this recipe is everywhere on the internet, but now it's here in my own little blog space, where possibly sometime down the line a friend or family member will come back to read my posts and find it. Lol. I decided to post it because I've had several people asking how to make them and many who had never heard of them! I first heard about them when my cousin sent me the recipe. I've made them a few times but this week I made them in my air fryer. It was so easy and I think it will be my go to way. 

They are perfect for eating plain, toasting or making a sandwich. They are ready to eat from start to finish in about 30 minutes. PLUS they are much "lighter" than regular bagels. I don't use self rising flour so I have to add a few things.


Ingredients

1 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. plain greek yogurt

Toppings: 
1 egg
dash water

poppy seed
sesame seed
everything bagel seasoning
salt
cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine all ingredients. Stir to combine. When it gets hard to stir, dump out onto lightly floured board and knead by hand til it all comes together. Divide dough into 4 pieces (I usually double my mix so I can make 8 bagels).

From here you can do one of two things. You can roll the dough into a rope and create a circle, sealing the ends. OR, what I did this last time, is to roll the dough into a ball, poke a finger through the middle and spread the dough out until you have a nice "hole" in the middle. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with an egg wash (an egg with a bit of water mixed in). Sprinkle with your choice of toppings. 

Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes. You could then raise the temperature to 425 and cook until tops are more browned. 
I actually cooked mine in my Pampered Chef Deluxe Air Fryer. In an air fryer, add parchment paper on my racks, and I cooked 4 at a time. I turned it to bake and set the temp to 350 and cooked for 10 minutes. I then turned them over and cooked them for another 3-4 minutes because I noticed they weren't quite done.  


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin 

Comments

Popular Posts