Winter Intentionality list.....Update




It's time for an update on the Winter Intentionality (Bucket) list. As I went through my list I realized I actually did more than I thought, and in some areas did "okay". It's encouraging to make goals that are trackable and attainable.  

Good For the Body:
👎 Work on movement: stretching and flexibility...we workout 4-6 days a week but I want to work on the other two things above. I haven't really taken the time for this one like I wanted to. Still time though
👌Continue the goal of losing weight. Done okay on this...I had put on 5 pounds but got that off, just need to continue.
👌 Less coffee, more smoothies, tea and Arbonne Fizz for energy. Working on this one...not where I want to be yet but I've tried to be more intentional.
👌 Take walks when weather permits We've gotten in a few walks but the weather hasn't been overly cooperative.

Good For the Soul:
👍 Finish two new books I got: I'm trying to read more. Both fiction for fun, and other books for learning and growth. I also joined my first book club and it's been fun. I haven't finished them but I've gotten in a good groove of reading my books so I feel good about this one. 
👍 Listen to uplifting podcasts/IG stories, etc. for growth, encouragement and fun. I have certainly been more intentional with this. 
👎 Spend time being "quiet" and "listening": Just being still, not feeling like I always have to go, go, go. Ha! Nope hasn't really happened. 
👎Journal: I've always wanted to journal, even just quick thoughts that come to my mind, a quote, etc. I downloaded an e-book with prompts. I love this book and the prompts, I just haven't done it much..maybe a few days. 

Good For the Heart:
👎Work on my new embroidery: I just started getting into this again.Nope, haven't started it yet. 
👌 Send some cards of gratitude. Not cards of gratitude but I did send Christmas cards this year. 
👎 Find places in our own backyard to explore. Our weather hasn't been great and my hubby was sick for 3 weeks and I was under the weather for about a week.

Good for the Mind:
👍 Learn something new: Whether it's photography or something else. I did learn how to make Calendula salve..find that post here...I also bought a new camera lens and some flat lays so I can work on food photography.
👎Work on my Spanish with Duolingo: I was doing good and then I just kind of quit doing it. Nope...haven't worked on it yet. 
👌Hone some VA skills: I want to watch some videos, etc. to get better at what I do. Eh....didn't do much, but just a little.

Just Good:
👍 Try some new recipes: I love making new things, and healthier versions of the ones we love. I have tried a few new things. 
👍 Play games with family: I love playing games, we just don't do it enough. We did play games several nights which was nice. 
👍 Work on a puzzle. I actually completed two puzzles. 
👍 Do some photo challenges. Maybe join a photo walk in the city. No photo walks because of weather and feeling a bit sick. But I have joined a photo challenge and have posted that here on the blog. 

Can't wait to put thumbs up next to some of the others by the end.  

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
 




With Joy Unquenchable, 
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I love the idea of an intentionality list and the way you have categorized yours. Congratulations on your accomplishments. There's plenty of winter left to work on the others. If you are looking for a gentle yoga series to try for the stretching and flexibility, I am absolutely loving Yoga with Adriene on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christie. Yes, plenty of time. I'll have to look up that series.

      Delete
  2. Would like to find you on Duolingo. I am trying to do it every night. Just a few minutes at a time but have a 3 week streak going on. My name is mommyhon333 on Duolingo.

    What kind of camera do you have? I would like to get a new lens for mine. What flat lays did you order for food? I take my 'food' pics on the kitchen counter but there is always clutter in the background. Would love to have a backdrop to use. Have a light box I made out of a cardboard box but my kitties have kind of messed it up. Need to repair it.

    Maybe you could share some of the writing prompts in your book and then invite folks to write their responses in a post. I would love doing that!! Might even buy the book myself and start journaling with it. I am keeping a journal again to keep track of Covid, and this time in history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know we could find people...I don't even know who I am lol...I'll have to look.

      I have Nikon D750. I recently bought a Sigma 35mm...I figured it would help with the food photography, landscape and my daughter has taken some engagement/wedding/family photos so it would be great with that.

      I purchased my flat lays from Etsy shop called InkandElm. I got a set of three...white wood, marble, and dark wood. I can email you a link if you'd like. They were reasonably priced and I like the quality. I did a post on calendula salve...i used the white wood one for that.

      I haven't done a light box yet. At some point I probably will. We shall see.

      That's a great idea about the writing prompts..I'll have to think about it.

      okay, my duolingo is Kirstiemarie1968

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts