Recipe: BLT+A+C=Perfection


 Who doesn't love a BLT Sandwich. I remember eating them on soft white bread when I was growing up, and I may or may not have eliminated the tomato. Today I made a kicked up version of the classic BLT. Made on a Potato Hamburger Bun and the addition of sliced avocado and melted cheese just makes it that much better, and yes, I kept the tomato. 

I love recipes that remind me of childhood, and I really love giving those recipes a new and sometimes healthier twist. There's just nothing like it. 

Ingredients:

Thick cut bacon, cooked till crisp, drained on paper towels
Tomato
Iceberg lettuce
Sliced avocado
Sliced Cheese of choice
Mayonnaise
Potato Hamburger buns

Instructions: 

Place cheese on buns and place under broiler to melt. Spread mayonnaise on each side of bun. Layer remaining ingredients on bun and enjoy thoroughly. 


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I made them with fried green tomatoes this week. Holy mother. Pesto on an original is amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts