Recipe: BLT+A+C=Perfection


 Who doesn't love a BLT Sandwich. I remember eating them on soft white bread when I was growing up, and I may or may not have eliminated the tomato. Today I made a kicked up version of the classic BLT. Made on a Potato Hamburger Bun and the addition of sliced avocado and melted cheese just makes it that much better, and yes, I kept the tomato. 

I love recipes that remind me of childhood, and I really love giving those recipes a new and sometimes healthier twist. There's just nothing like it. 

Ingredients:

Thick cut bacon, cooked till crisp, drained on paper towels
Tomato
Iceberg lettuce
Sliced avocado
Sliced Cheese of choice
Mayonnaise
Potato Hamburger buns

Instructions

Place cheese on buns and place under broiler to melt. Spread mayonnaise on each side of bun. Layer remaining ingredients on bun and enjoy thoroughly. 


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I made them with fried green tomatoes this week. Holy mother. Pesto on an original is amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts