Book Review: Save the Date

 I recently finished reviewing the book, Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones. Thomas Nelson Publishing provided this book in exchange for my review.

When Alex and Lucy pick out wedding invitations, they wonder if they can be printed in vanishing ink.
Former NFL star Alex Sinclair is a man who has it all--except the votes he needs to win his bid for Congress. Despite their mutual dislike, Alex makes Lucy a proposition: pose as his fiancée in return for the money she desperately needs. Bound to a man who isn't quite what he seems, Lucy will find her heart on the line--and maybe even her life. When God asks Alex and Lucy to scrap their playbook and follow his rules, will they finally say, "I do"?

At first I struggled to get into the book. It just wasn't connecting for me. However, the further I read, the more drawn into the story I became. Jenny B. Jones did an excellent job making this story fun, romantic and at the same time weaving a story of redemption, healing and forgiveness.


The author has a way of drawing the reader into the lives of each character. Their lives become intertwined with one another in a way that captures your heart. The lines of social statuses are crossed as friendships are formed. A few surprises wait within the pages. 

You may even find yourself relating to one of many characters. It was just a fun read that left me rooting for the characters all the way through.


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts