Home is: Easter Memories


 Where has the day gone? I'm just now finally posting for Home Is...Hosted by Sandy over at Reluctant Entertainer. Better late than never. 

Our Easter was spent at my in-laws this year. Nine of us gathered around the table that was filled to the brim with wonderful food. I had every intention of taking pictures. I even brought the camera in the house, but it never made it out of the case. Oh, well, that's okay!

I will admit that while I knew Easter was coming up, I wasn't thinking much about it. I wasn't cooking the meal. We didn't color eggs and we don't do baskets. We have come to a place where we live and celebrate the reality of Jesus' Resurrection every day.  For us it's not about celebrating it once a year, but daily. His death and resurrection meant my death and resurrection and that should be celebrated every moment I'm alive. However, I did know that I was bringing rolls and deviled eggs! Since I didn't take pictures of our day, you'll get pictures of my deviled eggs.


I used Sandy's tip for boiling my eggs. They peeled perfectly. The funny thing is, the day after I read her post, they shared the same tip on the news. I always get so frustrated with hard boiled eggs. Thank you Sandy for sharing your tip. I made a recipe that I had made several years ago. They turned out wonderful. I'll post the recipe below.


Deviled egg ingredients, for 8 eggs: Remove the yolks from the eggs. To them add 1/2 (3oz. pkg) cream cheese, softened, 2 Tbs. mayonnaise, 2 tsp. dill pickle relish 1 tsp. white vinegar, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. prepared mustard (I used dijon), 1/8 tsp. sugar, dash of garlic powder, dash of curry powder. Fill eggs and sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yummy!!


A few memories from our day....
  • chatting with hubby's aunt and uncle whom we haven't seen for awhile.
  • spending time with family, relaxing with no agenda.
  • putting together a beautiful spring puzzle.
  • playing two rounds of Settlers of Catan with my girls, hubby and brother-in-law.
  • Watching Blind Side
  • eating a wonderful dinner of ham, potatoes, yams, beans, and so much more
Another memory that came to mind is when I was a little girl growing up in Lorain, Ohio (we moved to Washington State when I was 10). There was a park on Lake Erie called Lakeview Park. In the middle of this park was a huge fountain that would change colors at night. During Easter time there would be a giant Easter basket in the middle of the park. Those were two of my favorite things as a little girl. I loved seeing the giant basket. I loved spending time with family (my mom's family was huge, and my dad's wasn't small, but not as big).
My grandma and I in front of the Easter Basket at Lakeview Park in Lorain, Ohio. This was probably 1970 or so.

With Joy UNquenchable,


Comments

  1. Kirstin, it sounds like you have a wonderful Easter with your family. Thanks for visiting my blog - it's nice to meet you! I'll have to try your Broccoli Wild Rice Soup below....sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love this post! And isn't the egg trick amazing? I've always struggled with the peeling part. I love the recap of your day - sounds wonderful. And the 70s pix tops it off! Thanks for linking up to RE! Maybe I'll see you this weekend ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts