- Have a plan of action for each day-stick to it and make it routine so when your husband comes home there is peace not chaos. (Not perfect necessarily, but a place that promotes peace). Here's a good plan if you need an idea.
- Have a cleaning plan so the underlying foundation is clean. Hint: Do a 15 minute pick-up every evening before bed. Even a 5 minute pickup is worth it. Have everyone in your home take 5 minutes to pick things up.
- What are your priorities? What makes you happy with your home?
- What makes your husband happy about coming home?
- Have a place for items--every item in it's place--put it back before moving on.
- Manage paperwork/clutter--get a system that works for you and make it a habit. See my post here and here, on this. **Magazines easily create clutter. Once a month go through and tear out any articles/recipes you want to keep (or photocopy them), place them in a file or binder and give your magazines to another friend, give them away at a garage sale, or shred them for your garden compost.
- If space is limited, have less "stuff". Get creative with storage.
With Joy UNquenchable,