- Join the summer reading program at your local library, then go to the library weekly for new books. Put out a blanket in the yard or at a park and read. Then have a picnic.
- My girls used to love to sell things (kool-aid, popsicles, etc..). I'd put a table at the end of our driveway and they'd sell away. One year my oldest put water in ziploc bags, filled them with flower petals and tied them with ribbon. She actually made $5 selling these (C:
- Bike rides. My girls love to go on bike rides.
- Create a sunflower fort. I read this one year in a magazine. Plant sunflowers in a circle, leaving space for a "door". They should grow up and make a "fort" for kids to play in.
- My youngest just likes to go out and pick flowers or climb trees.
- Make them scavenger hunt lists that they must find throughout the yard.
One of their favorite summer recipes is watermelon ice. It is so easy and fun to make.
1/2 c. sugar 1/4 c. watermelon or mixed fruit gelatin powder (jello) 3/4 c. boiling water 5 c. seeded, cubed watermelon
In a bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water; set aside. Place watermelon in a blender. Cover and puree. Stir into gelatin mixture. Pour into an ungreased pan. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 1 hour before serving. Spoon into paper cones or serving dishes.
Well that about does it for my ideas. Can't wait to read all of yours and make my own list.