Taking in Life Around Me: #Sundaystills: Ephemeral




This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terri from Second Wind Leisure. It's a great themed photography challenge that you'll enjoy. I love seeing the other participants interpretation of the theme each week...it causes me to think outside the box. I joined in hopes of it pushing me to get out and take more photos...I have to some degree, but I also like that Terri is okay with us finding photos in our archives, which is also a lot of fun. So check out my photos and then head over to Terri's page to participate or visit other's posts. There are some awesome contributors who always inspire me. 

This week Terri is on vacation and Hugh at Hughs Views and News is hosting. Find his post here. Hugh is asking us to find images that show things that are ephemeral. Now I've heard that word, but have never really used it. In a nutshell, it means things that are fleeting, only here for a short time before they disappear. Once I saw his post, I thought "okay, I can do this". I am definitely using photos from my archives since I have a busy October, with not much free time.

Rainbows....I love spotting a rainbow in the sky! 

I spotted this while walking on our road one morning. 

While at my daughters new house one day this rainbow appeared, and I loved that we could see beginning and end. I happened to have my camera with me and zoomed in for the picture below.


Sand sculptures and writing in the sand are most definitely ephemeral..as you can ssee from the above pic the water came up far and attacked the fortress. 



In my opinion, fall leaves qualify as they are here one moment, beautiful on the trees, and the next moment they are on the ground and eventually break down or are whisked away by wind, leaf blowers or rakes!



Sunsets and clouds....they never look the same and are gone soon enough. 


Waves and fog...the waves break, disappear and start anew, the fog shows up and sometimes eventually lifts, or hangs out a bit longer. 


The life of caterpillars and butterflies...they do not stay the same and their life cycle is not long. I took a screen shot of some video I had taken when we are at the butterfly conservatory in Massachusets a few years ago. It was so fun watching these in the "nursery" as they call it. 


And to close us out....dew/rain drops on leaves and flowers. Oh so pretty, but gone in a heartbeat, or a bump that has them rolling off. 





Thanks Hugh for a great challenge. 

Let's add a bonus...life and emotions are ephemeral, they change and can be fleeting. The first photo is my youngest daughter and the bottom is of her with my mom when my mom was fighting cancer. My mom passed away the next year, but was always able to find joy to live her life the best she could. 







With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hi Kirstin, thank you for joining me for Sunday Stills this week. You've covered the theme fantastically. I love the rainbow pics, but the one where you can see both ends is amazing, as is the close-up. I wonder if there was any gold at the end of the rainbow?

    The close-ups of the water drops are also wonderful. I was going to include water droplets in my post, but ran out of space as I didn't want the post to be too long. I'm also looking forward to seeing all the autumnal colours and leaves. It's my favourite time of the year.

    Even though I live a 5-minute walk from the beach, I've never seen a sand sculpture apart from small sandcastles. The people who make those huge sand sculptures of animals and people are very talented. It's such a shame that the tide takes them away.

    Thanks again for joining me for Sunday Stills.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!