1. What's something you wanted to do this summer that you never got around to doing? I wanted to go hiking but we never got around to it. I always want to go to more garage sales than I ever do.
2. Were you the student who sat in the front row or hid in the back of the class? I don't remember. Maybe I was somewhere in the middle. If you could go back and take one high school class again just for fun, which would it be? I think it would be my english classes. I loved English, but wish I would've remembered more, especially when it comes to literature.
3. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher (this can be applied to anyone who teaches, not just classroom teachers)? I think it's important to teach in a way that helps all people learn the way they learn best. I think patience, creativity,
4. September 2nd is National Grits Day. Have you ever eaten grits? Ooohh I love grits. Are you a fan? Yes I am. If so how do you like yours? I love them with salt, butter and some cheddar cheese. I also love shrimp and grits. I made the ones below and they were so good. Find that recipe here. Would people describe you as 'having grit'? I don't know. I looked up what the definition of grit is: Having courage, strength of character, deep combination of passion and perseverance for long term goals. I feel like I might have some grit, but not a great amount. Maybe when it's needed I'd have more grit.
5. What's something you're never too old or too young to enjoy? Many things, anything really. We should never be too old or too young for trying or doing anything as long as we are able. Just some thing I can think of: learning a new skill, reading, playing games, being outside, going on walks, eating yummy foods, traveling and exploring the world around us.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I'm off today. It's cooler weather, the 2nd of September and I have homemade pumpkin chocolate chip muffins on the agenda and just doing things around the house. Mostly because the people that are evicting the bats that have been living rent free in our crawl spaces are here and I can't really leave to go anywhere.
I may also make some homemade granola and some spaghetti for dinner. One of my favorite cozy mystery authors shared her recipe for spaghetti sauce in honor of her newest release which features a spaghetti feed.
I really need to trim up some of my hanging baskets but may do that in between rain showers. we'll see.
I liked how you answered #5.
ReplyDeleteI am ready to get cooking and baking too, but we are HOT! In the 90's today. Spaghetti sounds so good. I will come on over for dinner. ;-)
Oh man...bats can be such a expensive nuisance. Hope they all get taken care of today. Those grits dish you shared looked the most appetizing of all I've seen today. :) Happy September.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the bats are being evicted. Those muffins sound good. I will have to check out your shrimp and grits recipe. My hubs tries them everywhere we go so if they're on the menu. One of his favorites.
ReplyDelete